Arachnos Flier (Flyer) - Heat Seeker badge

Turric

This is one of the few GM badges I have on only a few characters, and always from one of the task forces.

But for the regular zone encounter, why does everyone hate it so much? Is there a special trick to it?

I've been running regular GM call outs on Everlasting and Excelsior (a few on Indom when population is large enough). These include lots of Seed of Hamidon call outs too. But the one I do not do is the Arachnos Flier and I want to include it because it seems to be one of the most frequent. Why do people not like doing the encounter?

As an aside, I really feel the Paladin construction event needs to happen a smidge more frequently. Right now it is one of the more rare GM spawns and it is a little rough getting there in time.

I used to think the Caleb event was difficult but I've got it down pretty good now, only losing him once out of 20+ times. (Doing it on Indom is a different story when you post in chat that you got it spawned and no one responds for around 15 minutes..., but the other servers are fine)

2 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

Probably because its easier to get it in the Ms Liberty tf, it's stationary in the TF. If it's in zone there's the risk of failure by it flying off the map. 

That's is how I got mine on several characters.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

I've killed the flyer in Grandville.  It's invulnerable while it's moving, but it makes several stops.  You damage it in those stopped locations.  It's been a few years, but as I recall, the best strategy is to wait for it to move and then attack at the beginning of a stop to get the longest attack window possible.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow