Training A New Build

I just dinged 50 on another alt today, something I'd always wanted to play on live but never had the time to dedicate to. I trained on the way up, but didn't plan, or look at synergies, so I decided I'd ride it out until 50 and then try a new build, something I'd also never done before. Of course, it resets the build to level 1 so I can now train. 

Currently, you need to talk to the trainer and work your way up, dialog for dialog, unnecessary click after click to get to your full build at 50. I thought, "Oh, yeah, just /respec. Save yourself the dialogs and time; you've got your build ready from Mids anyhow, so this just makes sense." I am greeted with a "Must be level 3 or higher to use respec window" dialog. I asked in /help what was the issue. Did I need to train to level 3 using the dialogs at a trainer and then I'd be able to respec?

I was told not to do this by another person who said the respec would fail. I missed his warning initially but caught it after I came to start this post. There was apparently a bug on live where respeccing the way I intended would get to the end of the respec and fail; as I am excited about getting this build in place, I opted to not go down that path and instead will use the dialogs at the trainer to train back up to 50.

My suggestion essentially in turn means the bug needs to be addressed, as I suggest that when you create a new build you should be greeted with the respec interface initially so that you can optimally do what a second build does - it gives you a chance to make a new selection, IE: a respec.

Happy to hear any thoughts on this!

• Like 2

logo-sig.png