[CoH] Share A Build

Xoza

Greetings Supers,

With all the builds and suggestions out there and very little way of, centralizing, organizing or filtering through them all. As a data analyst I had to create something, a public access submission form with a spreadsheet that can be filtered and sorted based on their favorite archetypes and power sets.

Submission is a simple quick form, select the primary information, then paste the build information and anything else you'd like to add.

I would love to see this form or thread at the top of the Archetypes board (before the archetype sub-boards), but if you find a good place to link this, please feel free to share. Let me know if you have any suggestions, I will check periodically to clean the form. I may also add edit access to the form or sheet to a few individuals based on community contributions and quality submissions to help me out if this idea gets big.

Click the links below to make a submission or check out submitted builds.

Thanks.

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Ordo Imperialis / Xoza.net

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

My Costume Archive | My Characters & CreationsMy Binds/Macros | My Club

Hey all, with the mass amount of builds and data out there, I could definitely use the help as I can't submit everything on my own. Any builds you create, see or like, please help out. It's very easy to do and it's a great way to call out the builds and builders you like most.

If anyone has a better way of doing this, please let me know, would love to contribute or contributions or share ideas. I'd actually like to see a website (maybe like metabattle) or something visual put together one day, but this is just a start.

Thanks.

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

Arconu1MqVyK.png | Yuri'ko9E28NED.png | Xoza8lnHKLt.png | Nebulum3f2lHyL.png | NovaeZOOTsRk.png | Nebulae9sfLlss.png | ChellnFRzS1G.png | Rayn7KPkl2C.png | MendalarafBfruXW.png | TesliaHPucq9J.png | CybernetBlbsQUx.png | Teras Kasih1GKuZo.png | ArcstalkerXdnlqXI.png | Bull RushNG0EFBL.png

If the dev team decides to change the forum software, you may not need a separate repository. If (fingers crossed) they choose IPS (Invision Community), that software has nice search and tagging system will pretty much organize things.

Also some folks are particular about their builds and asking folks to copy/upload any builds wherever they find them may not sit too well with the builders. After all it is their hard work and labor you're asking people to upload without permission to an off site repository.

Builds change and get refined, it's a daunting task to try and keep them updated, especially if the person isn't the author of the build.

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

True, I actually know IP board very well, the tags would need to be moderated though.

The idea also is not take away from or claim others works, there's even room for the authors. It is only to help take the big heap and give it a filter and provides a place to link either to the build, or the post where the build is available. I will be in no way claiming any work except my own and only provide an open means of solution to a problem I've noticed with the Archetype build boards.

- Xoza Shadow (@Xoza)

Everlasting / Excelsior

The tags could be limited to a restricted list of ATs and powersets per forum. Not much to moderate after that.

Ultimately though people don't like to go off the site to repost things. Perhaps, you could make a build compilation thread on this forum...like a guide of guide for builds that would serve as the defacto directory while the dev team picks a forum software.

It would be a lot of work but players would maybe be able to find things a bit easier.  ;D

Game global: @Alty  || Discord: @Alty#2005

Founding member of Repeat Offenders Network  - Making stupidly difficult things easy since 2005 

Global Channel: Repeat Offenders  || Website: www.repeat-offenders.net

📢RETRO RO Teaming  - Details in the Repeat Offenders Club

• 1 month later