BS/SD Stalker vs Scrapper

Eyetooth

Looking for some advice. Is a BS/SD power set better played on a scrapper or a stalker? I am a an older player returning and I'm still learning the ins and outs of the class types. 

Edited by Eyetooth

BS on a Stalker has less AoE although you are only missing out on a cone. The advantage to Shield on a Stalker is Shield Charge doesn't break Hide so you can use it and then follow up with something else and the follow up will crit. In short, there's nothing about the combo which really swings one way or the other.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

This is a good read

Do take grant cover, Defense Debuff Resistance is Precious. The builds are still relevant for the most part.

Edited by Nemu

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

• 3 weeks later

I've got both, both at 50 T4 and with fairly equivalent slotting.

I -strongly- prefer BS/SD on a Stalker.  The Stalker IO's just are too good to pass up, with mostly "Crit-on-Demand" making such a significant DPS difference between the two.  SD is just great defense for both, but if given the choice between higher HP of a Scrapper vs -MUCH- higher DPS of a Stalker via the ATO bonuses.....it's no contest.