viewing old saved costumes

Winterfell

Apologies if this has been asked a million times before. I've just rediscovered COH after not knowing that the old chat platform had evolved into the proper game again. 

I have a number of costumes that id made during the previous incarnation, before Homecoming and i want to remake them, or import them if thats possible. How do I go abot doing this? I have the .costume files and if I cant import then just viewing them to see what they were and remaking them would be fine. Can anyone help?

Just now, Marshal_General said:

I am at work right now so I can't look at it, but there is a folder in the game folder where it stores costume files. The best bet is to save a costume and then go looking for it.

A lot has changed with costumes, so you will most likely need to fix them.

Ive copied my .costume files into tje Homecoming costumes folder which was created when i made my first character but they dont show through to the character creator screen when you go back to it .

I wonder what would happe if I overwrote a new characters .costume file text with one of my saved files?

Just now, Winterfell said:

Ive copied my .costume files into tje Homecoming costumes folder which was created when i made my first character but they dont show through to the character creator screen when you go back to it .

I wonder what would happe if I overwrote a new characters .costume file text with one of my saved files?

Check extensions and the file format of the old files vs a new one and make sure they match.

2 hours ago, ZemX said:

Hmm... also not at home right now but I could swear I did exactly this after finding my old costume files.  You get some errors but just check "fix" in the costume screen to load them.

This.  I saved all my old costume files and most of them loaded with no problem.  Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 had to substitute costume items to load.  Then I just fixed anything that didn't look right.  The automatic fix sometimes substitutes stupid looking parts.

• Like 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

This.  I saved all my old costume files and most of them loaded with no problem.  Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 had to substitute costume items to load.  Then I just fixed anything that didn't look right.  The automatic fix sometimes substitutes stupid looking parts.

Thank you so mucj. ll try this tomight