Best Secondaries for Dual Pistols?

FUBARczar

This is an interesting question, because when I look at a secondary I often think I want to try DP with that... 

So what secondaries make the best case? 

Top Recommendations:

Atomic - Beta Decay + Accelerated Metabolism work amazing will with DP providing a lot of +recharge, -Defense and -tohit.   Works well with DP paying will in the center of the action. 

Darkness - Soul Drain... 'nuff said 

Earth - Adds great ST damage, plus damage aura with a slow, and added accuracy. 

Martial Combat - adds a lot of flare to DP.  Nothing is more styling than DP/MC.  Plus the powers like Burst of Speed and Eagle's Claw are perfect additions.  Very free flowing without BU or Aim 

Mental - Mental is great for the big -Regen debuff and that it puts you in the right position to fully capitalize on DP, right in the middle for Drain Psyche and Psychic Shockwave.

Ninja Training - a close second to MC for style.  And also like MC, it is very free flowing without BU or Aim.  Shinobi adds a reliable first strike damage bonus plus a change for Critical Hit damage bonus on all a.  Shinobi allowed provides stealth which helps you get into the right position for that first strike (use with Super Speed or stealth IO), along with a small defense bonus.  Ninja also provides great attacks and other utility.  

Tactical Arrow - TA provides added accuracy, recharge, movement, small defense bonus and Knock back Protection.  Hit BU + Oil Slick + HoB (with for ammo) and Boom!  

Temporal - This is strong combo as Temporal is with everything.  Temporal adds +recharge, some stun protection, slow resist, and more.  Plus this set of one of the best blapper sets.  

And maybe...

Ice - Ice would work too with its Sustain Aura that does -recharge, slow movement and -DMG.  Which may stack in interesting ways with Cryo or Chemical rounds.  And Frozen Aura is a nice PBAoE.

But what do you think?  Yay or nay n Devices?

• Like 1

Well I have a fully kitted incarnate DP/MC and Di Di Guns is a blast to play with solid survivability.  The powers play well with blapping which was what I wanted to do, the battle flow is fast and smooth and makes me feel really magical.

I have a DP/Atomic who as you pointed out is good with the things you pointed out.  She struggles a little right now but Runeslinger is not yet 40 and I tend to forget she isn't Di Di and jump in more than I should.  The radiation melee powers are fun but unlike MC you don't get the same suppressive and therefore life-aiding results like you do from Scorpion's Tail (stay on your buttocks while I perforate you!).  I am still tweaking her because I really didn't want to slot build for huge Defense but may have to do so now, not as much as DiDi because of the -ToHit I can lay on the bad guys but I am taking too many shots jumping in.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, High Beam Prime (someone else has her non OG name)

The top secondaries for Dual PIstols are Atomic (for reasons stated), Mental (for reasons stated), Temporal (for reasons stated), and Sonic Manipulation.  Especially now in Page 4 since Sonic Manipulation's -res toggle no longer drops if mezzed.  Sonic Manipulation because it's melee-heavy and Dual Pistols wants you in melee, and the -res ring will help offset the high lethal damage resistances mobs have.

Personally, I say nay to both Devices and Tactical Arrow.  Those are both ranged secondaries, and Dual Pistols wants you in melee.  There's little synergy with either.

I think theme-wise, Martial and Ninja work best with DP. The animations complement each other, much more than the hand powers. Between the two, I would swear by Ninja. I have a 3rd one now. Guns, Swords, and Combat TP... what more do you need? But then again, maybe I haven't mastered Martial as well as I have ninjas.

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Astralock said:

The top secondaries for Dual PIstols are Atomic (for reasons stated), Mental (for reasons stated), Temporal (for reasons stated), and Sonic Manipulation.  Especially now in Page 4 since Sonic Manipulation's -res toggle no longer drops if mezzed.  Sonic Manipulation because it's melee-heavy and Dual Pistols wants you in melee, and the -res ring will help offset the high lethal damage resistances mobs have.

Personally, I say nay to both Devices and Tactical Arrow.  Those are both ranged secondaries, and Dual Pistols wants you in melee.  There's little synergy with either.

Yeah I hate that about tactical Arrow, that it has knockback protection but is made for range. I wish that that knockback protection was in ninja training instead. 

And it even makes more sense to have that knock back protection in ninja training.

So if I had to do some Power Ranking...

Top Min/Max Secondaries for Dual Pistols:

1- Darkness > Soul Drain

2- Atomic > +++Recharge, Beta Decay

3- Temporal > +Recharge, Stun Protection, Future Pain

4-6- Martial, Mental, Ninja (ABC order)

Top IT-Factor (Style, Theme, QoL, etc.) Seconderies (That happen to also be awesome performers):

1- Ninja and Martial Combat

3- Temporal (IDK DP/Time just screams Judge Anderson, Cable, or some time cop, etc. to me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FUBARczar said:

Yeah I hate that about tactical Arrow, that it has knockback protection but is made for range. I wish that that knockback protection was in ninja training instead. 

And it even makes more sense to have that knock back protection in ninja training.

It's for the notorious recoil from the bow and arrow 😃

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2022 at 7:02 PM, Krimson said:

The Smashing/Lethal farmer I am working on is a Dual Pistols/Device Blaster.

Interesting, but Devices can be strong.  Because one of the best blaster times for Pylon testing is Fire/Devices.  I think it's #1 for blasters...