Totally lost with BS + Energy Aura

KARMACOP

does anyone have a build for a broadsword+energy aura scrapper? because I'm clumsy enough to even try :S... i'm not into scrapper builds and i've been almost 2 years without creating a new build for any class xD

Edited by KARMACOP

5 hours ago, KARMACOP said:

does anyone have a build for a broadsword+energy aura scrapper? because I'm clumsy enough to even try :S... i'm not into scrapper builds and i've been almost 2 years without creating a new build for any class xD

So I have a 50 BS/Shield Brute and an EM/EA Stalker, so I can speak to each set individually.  Since you're going with a defense-based secondary, parry is going to be a key power for you;  It provides a solid defense buff and recharges quickly.  Because almost all the attacks apply a defense debuff, you'll want to look into slotting at least 1 of them with the Achilles Heel: Chance for Resistance Debuff unique IO to further enhance your damage.  Then there's the Steadfast Protection & Gladiator's Armor uniques, which apply a global defense buff when they are slotted into a damage resist power, (so dampening field or energy protection).  Additionally, energize, while being a self heal power, also applies a sizable power cost discount.  Energize is good for both end recovery and extra defense, on top of all other sources.  Also, if possible, I like to fit maneuvers & tactics from leadership, as well as tough & weave from fighting, (you'll have to take boxing or kick first, which may not mesh too well with the BS primary, but se la vie).  If you want to push your defense even further, there's combat jumping.  Whatever you decide to go with, best of luck to you!

Even with the defense changes this build should be fine since it is soft-capped to all types except neg/psi. Parry would be useless with this build. 13pts of KB protection and 70% recharge/run speed protection. The Chance to Heal and Chance to Absorb procs will save you. Enough to the point it is noticeable. The reason for the Shield Wall 3pc is because HP>HP/s. This will exemp just fine. Catalyze everything (just get it off the AH that way).  That's part of the reason the Kismet is in Power Shield and not Combat Jumping (to have access to it sooner if need be). Hopefully this gives some good ideas.

Boxing and Brawl are just set mules for the Blistering Cold 2pc bonus. Same with Overload. It's just a mule for the Shield Wall unique. I don't even have it on my bars. Granted, it is a good power, even if you don't need the Defense from it. It provides other good stuff. Each attack is a defense debuff, so that debuff is a 1:1 increase to your chance to hit. Assault>Tactics very much in this build's situation.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.1.2.5
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Technology Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Broad Sword
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mu Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Hack -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), TchofDth-Dam%(23), GldStr-%Dam(23), AchHee-ResDeb%(40)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11), ShlWal-Def(13), Ksm-ToHit+(48)
Level 2: Dampening Field -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-End/Res(3), GldArm-ResDam(3)
Level 4: Power Shield -- Rct-ResDam%(A), Rct-Def(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx(5), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/Rchg(9), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 6: Build Up -- GssSynFr--Build%(A), RechRdx-I(7), RechRdx-I(7)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 10: Entropic Aura -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(13)
Level 14: Super Jump -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 16: Energy Protection -- Ags-Psi/Status(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(17), Ags-ResDam(17), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(46)
Level 18: Whirling Sword -- SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(A), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(19), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(21), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46)
Level 20: Energy Cloak -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 22: Boxing -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(47)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(25), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(37)
Level 26: Disembowel -- Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(27), Hct-Dam%(27), TchofDth-Dam%(36), GldStr-%Dam(37), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 28: Energize -- Prv-Absorb%(A), Prv-Heal(29), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(29), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(34), Prv-Heal/Rchg(36), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(36)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(31), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31), ShlWal-Def(31)
Level 32: Head Splitter -- Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(33), Arm-Dam%(33), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(33), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Energy Drain -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 38: Zapp -- Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(39), Apc-Dam%(39), Dcm-Build%(39), GldJvl-Dam%(40), StnoftheM-Dam%(40)
Level 41: Ball Lightning -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(42), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(45), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(45), ShlWal-Def(45)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Overload -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(46)
Level 1: Critical Hit
Level 1: Sprint -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(43), Mrc-Rcvry+(48)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PwrTrns-+Heal(47), PwrTrns-EndMod(49)
Level 14: Double Jump
Level 49: Quick Form
------------

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 1