Storm bug, lightning storm, tornado upgrade

WindDemon21

Lightning storm does mag 1 knockback, so anything +1 or higher, it should be native knockdown, however, as you can see, even though it IS showing it was downgraded to .9kb against +1, and I've verified .8 against +2s and so forth, it still somehow is doing knockback against +1s and +2s. +3s seem to be knocking down. I'm not using any other power during these tests as well that might be stacking.

Also, as I've suggested, and it makes 100% total sense, PLEASE give tornado the pull-in that singularity has. I mean, it IS a tornado, and would help the annoying fear/kb (if you dont use kb-kd). Which also, would be nice if the fear was removed as well, but woudln't hold my breath on that, and can see where some may like it for the chaos, but 100% it should have that pull-in radius like singularity has.

Lightning Storm Broken.jpg

• Like 1

.85 is the actual place KB turns to KD, not .99.  so that would explain the +1 thing.

It's also possible that tornado hits with multiple KBs at the same time, in which case it would stack with itself and turn into KB again.

What this team needs is more Defenders

Yeah no tornados, was only using LS and crushing field (which also needs to have the -kb that other aoe immobs get, same with elec controls.

And really, everything i've ever seen was under mag 1 it should be. Would be nice if they'd update that too then to the .99.

Oh yeah, also, like i said tried against +2s, was doing .8kb, and still knocking back, so that also doesn't track. I've noticed the "under mag 1" always kd'ing on anyting else, but maybe didn't specify the exact kb value, but pretty sure it works that way with other powers, not sure how/why/where this discrepancy is but should be looked at and fixed.

14 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Yeah no tornados, was only using LS and crushing field (which also needs to have the -kb that other aoe immobs get, same with elec controls.

And really, everything i've ever seen was under mag 1 it should be. Would be nice if they'd update that too then to the .99.

Not sure i follow ... you want it easier to do knockback?  I do keep seeing slightly different break point values as to where it goes from kb to kd.  Originally I learned it as .67, then .7 and now Psi is saying .85.  Differences will be caused by the Purple Patch, foe attributes (easier to knock Clocks around, for example) .

No it should be knockdown was the thing I was getting at. kb at even level, but kd higher than that. That way its kd most of the time which almost everyone would want, but you can slot for kb if you'd desire against higher foes.

It's still doing it at .8kb (which other powers i could swear only do kd at that level, and *sometimes* it actually does only kd, it's really weird with LS).

Edited by WindDemon21

For what it's worth the wiki gives a range (0.7437 to 0.8174) and goes on to say it is likely 0.75.  

Edit:  Been a while since i fought white cons but Focus in Scrapper Claws does 0.67 mag knockback.  While Shockwave is 1.454 mag.

Edited by Doomguide2005

Generally speaking too, while it should be affixed, .99 of course was everything i've ever heard or tested outside of LS. Like I said, even with .8, it will sometimes kb, and sometimes KD from my testing just now, freaks, +2, no inherent kb protection or weakness. It just seems random at that mag unlike other powers.

Really should have any native kd be just like .01 mag to avoid stacking too, as well as on procs like the winter kd proc/rag proc/OF proc. Then powers like LS, fix to like .7 so its native kd but can slot for kb if you wish.