Can we talk about costume proliferation?

Psi

I'm biased to talking about this in the direction of "More female-only costume parts on males, please", but this really goes for any costume part that only appears on one of the three body types. And even more specifically, this is dealing with textures more so than any detailed costume item or model.

But I'm here to talk specifically about the female-exclusive parts such as Tops with Skin and Bottoms with Skin.

I know this isn't something as easy as flipping a switch and throwing textures specifically related to female models onto the male model, but I've personally seen the work that some modders have been doing to alter existing costume textures to fit onto male models.

Is this something that has been worked on, could be worked on, or could be achieved through additional volunteer resources? Does a modder or texture artist NEED to be on the Homecoming team for a texture or costume part to be included in Homecoming's patches?

As God as my witness I will learn this trade and post the files in this forum if it means getting them thrown into the game properly.

tl;dr Please give me male crop tops and shorts. 😭

Edited by Psi

Well, textures can obviously be added (or patterns, whatever you want to call them.) I don't know about the complexity of getting other parts on, or various forms of complexity for some NPC vs other-body-type parts.

I will say, shorts-wise, I think I'd prefer to go with something that looks like... well, shorts, rather than the painted on briefs or swim trunks being the only options. (A lot of the 'painted on" options just ...eehhhhh... I wish they had some depth, even on the pieces that currently exist.)

• Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.