Granite Armor Visuals

Mr Fenrir

This may be a common request, but as someone who loves Stone Armor (both with and without Granite Armor), is there any way we could get an option to disable the visuals or at least a minimal option like the rest of the set? It's a shame having to hide the costumes I spend so much time on whenever I want to use a build that involves Granite Armor. I don't know if it's because of some sort of technical limitation, but I know that an option like this would be greatly appreciated by those of us who enjoy the set.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Fenrir said:

This may be a common request, but as someone who loves Stone Armor (both with and without Granite Armor), is there any way we could get an option to disable the visuals or at least a minimal option like the rest of the set? It's a shame having to hide the costumes I spend so much time on whenever I want to use a build that involves Granite Armor. I don't know if it's because of some sort of technical limitation, but I know that an option like this would be greatly appreciated by those of us who enjoy the set.

I wonder if they could make the granite FX translucent, so your character model appears in the middle of a semi-transparent granite form.  Alternatively, maybe they could do something like some of the bio armor FX, where you get encased in the granite visual when first activating it, then burst out of it...

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, biostem said:

I wonder if they could make the granite FX translucent, so your character model appears in the middle of a semi-transparent granite form.  Alternatively, maybe they could do something like some of the bio armor FX, where you get encased in the granite visual when first activating it, then burst out of it...

Not very strong armor if you simply break out of it.

Maybe it's fitting with the theme of the self debuffing Granite inflicts.  Who needs enemies when you can debuff yourself and break your own armor? 😋

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, FUBARczar said:

But seriously I understand, even non-Granite Stone Armor is unsightly.  

Usually I either don't mind the other effects too much, or I like them because I've incorporated them into the costume design. But I can definitely understand why others would feel that way.

Edited by Mr Fenrir

3 hours ago, Mr Fenrir said:

Usually I either don't mind the other effects too much, or I like them because I've incorporated them into the costume design. But I can definitely understand why others would feel that way.

I did that with my first two Stone scrappers, but this time it's clash-o-rama