EM/Rad - What am I not understanding? (Play and Build Advice)

Gammos

5 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

It shouldn't be glass cannon. It is a hybrid set.  You build for F/C/E/N Defense and S/L Resistance and back that with powers which augment your regeneration, recovery, and absorption. You do not get DDR, so need to be careful when engaging things which debuff Defense, particularly if those things deal in F/C/E/N damage, but on the upside you pretty well laugh at Endurance drain and Recharge and Movement debuffs.

I suspect people having problem surviving with Bio come down to one of three things:

• They do not appreciate the hybrid nature of the set
  • They do not know when to use their non-toggle powers
  • The want to be in Offensive stance (which imposes a resistance penalty) all the time, particularly if either of the above points is in play.

I personally play a set to it's greatest strengths. With Bio, that is it's damage output. Even in Defensive Stance, there are just sets straight up better. A lot better. So, I'm not playing Bio for that. I've also been playing Bio since Beta. I know how to fill in holes where it's weaknesses in survivability are. But I ask myself....why? I can build to it's strength and just make the thing(s) dead. If I bring the thing to zero HP then it doesn't matter what my survivability is. Not sure why that is a hard concept for some people. Then again, some people think Regeneration is a good secondary.

Edited by SomeGuy

33 minutes ago, SomeGuy said:

I personally play a set to it's greatest strengths. With Bio, that is it's damage output. Even in Defensive Stance, there are just sets straight up better. A lot better. So, I'm not playing Bio for that. I've also been playing Bio since Beta. I know how to fill in holes where it's weaknesses in survivability are. But I ask myself....why? I can build to it's strength and just make the thing(s) dead. If I bring the thing to zero HP then it doesn't matter what my survivability is. Not sure why that is a hard concept for some people. Then again, some people think Regeneration is a good secondary.

I was with you (or at least willing to let what you think be a "here is how I want to play" statement) until you decided to be insulting in your final lines.

It is no skin off my back that you persist in viewing what is widely considered by most players to be an overtuned set to have some sort of problem with  survivability.

10 hours ago, Erratic1 said:

I was with you (or at least willing to let what you think be a "here is how I want to play" statement) until you decided to be insulting in your final lines.

Ehh, if it came across that way it wasn't my intention. The internet is a great place for miscommunication. Not sure which part came across that way, I was just trying to get some of my mindset across. I don't get a lot of people's mindset towards things, but that doesn't mean I'm against it. I don't have to understand something to support it. Not like this game is hard and everyone needs to min/max to get through a mission. I've played that game(s). I ain't trying to do that here.

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1