Other rewards to reexamine!

Greycat

Since people are focused on incarnate components, prismatics, etc and talking about rewards in general - there are other areas with rewards that *really* could use a good looking at.  And I've mentioned them before, but I prefer necromancy on my characters, not on my forum posts.

1. SSAs:

You finish an SSA. What rewards are you offered?

4x merits (aka, 20) - once a week.

1 Astral merit.

10 Threads

1 Accuracy SO.

Now, SOs used to be worth more - especially at the level you can start running these at. But now DFBs drop SOs and they're everywhere. An Acc SO is like being given a packet of M&Ms - a small "fun size" one - for winning a marathon.

The Astral and threads are only available if you're 50 and unlocked. So that's two rewards you can't get early. And it's really a choice, now, between four and ten threads. I wonder how many pick the Astral without realizing they're basically short-changing themselves.

So, there's really only one generally good choice - the merits, once a week - and one ok if you're 50 choice, the ten threads. This is basically not that great for low levels, and only slightly better for 50s. This desperately needs a rework.

On top of it, I'd say there needs to be consideration for the *levels* of the stories, too. For instance, the very first who will die arc? Takes maybe ten minutes, regardless of AT. Under 15, in any case. So it shouldn't really be giving options of (say) rare Incarnate salvage or anything - but staying on par with the 20 merits you can get. (The once a week limit is fine.) The later arcs can be much tougher.

But the overall reward structure of this? Needs a *serious* overhaul.

2. Siren's Call

Yeah, yeah. PVP zone, I know. But there are a few issues:

- Rewards are based on bounty.

- Bounty goes away if you zone, even to do in-zone missions (the ones that send you into a base to buff or debuff a side.)

- Bounty rises very *slowly* if there's no PVP going on, which there rarely is, and

- The rewards? An inspiration, or an SO, the SO being the top-tier choice.

Being honest, a reward revamp would have to go along with a bounty - and, heck, entire *zone* - revamp. The "battles" are slow to start and not particularly interesting, but - other than the temp stealth for doing a patrol, 5 merits for the explore badges and one gladiator (are those even used any more?) for one of the explores - the only rewards in the zone.

Yes, I know,  I haven't suggested what the rewards should *be.* I'm not sure what would be fair exactly. But in all honesty the suggestion is for these to be reviewed and updated to something worth it in a post-single-digit-issue game world.

• Thumbs Up 4

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

Since people are focused on incarnate components, prismatics, etc and talking about rewards in general - there are other areas with rewards that *really* could use a good looking at.  And I've mentioned them before, but I prefer necromancy on my characters, not on my forum posts.

1. SSAs:

You finish an SSA. What rewards are you offered?

4x merits (aka, 20) - once a week.

1 Astral merit.

10 Threads

1 Accuracy SO.

Now, SOs used to be worth more - especially at the level you can start running these at. But now DFBs drop SOs and they're everywhere. An Acc SO is like being given a packet of M&Ms - a small "fun size" one - for winning a marathon.

The Astral and threads are only available if you're 50 and unlocked. So that's two rewards you can't get early. And it's really a choice, now, between four and ten threads. I wonder how many pick the Astral without realizing they're basically short-changing themselves.

So, there's really only one generally good choice - the merits, once a week - and one ok if you're 50 choice, the ten threads. This is basically not that great for low levels, and only slightly better for 50s. This desperately needs a rework.

On top of it, I'd say there needs to be consideration for the *levels* of the stories, too. For instance, the very first who will die arc? Takes maybe ten minutes, regardless of AT. Under 15, in any case. So it shouldn't really be giving options of (say) rare Incarnate salvage or anything - but staying on par with the 20 merits you can get. (The once a week limit is fine.) The later arcs can be much tougher.

But the overall reward structure of this? Needs a *serious* overhaul.

Good points on the story arcs.  (No idea on the Siren's Call thing since it's totally outside my experience.

Drop the cool down to 18 hours in line with most other content.

Other rewards to choose perhaps:

1 Prismatic

1 Recipe Roll (as from the AE ticket roll.  Uncommon & Rare, maybe 75% Unc, 25% Rare)