Focused Feedback: Sentinel Seismic Blast

• Developer

Sentinel Proliferation: Seismic Blast

• New primary for Sentinels. This version does not have the Tombstone power. Instead it is replaced with Gravestone.

You can manipulate earth and stone to defeat your foes. The crushing force of many Earth Powers can reduce a target's Defense.

Being of the Earth, you are the most powerful while on the ground. While grounded, your attacks increase Seismic Pressure. As your Seismic Pressure increases, the cooldown of other Seismic Blast attacks is reduced and your chances of triggering Seismic Shockwaves around you also increase. These Seismic Shockwaves will have a chance of knocking back foes and, while standing on the ground, empower some of your attacks. Rock Shards will have its area and damage increased. Seismic Force will decrease the cooldown of all recharging Seismic Blast attacks by a moderate amount. Stalagmite will deal a large amount of damage.

Powers:

• SeismicBlast_Encase.png.a87e2bfd4b4b3ab3e3cfe73abd0d2bea.png  Encase  Ranged, DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Encase a foe in stone for a short moment, dealing damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 

• Encase grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Shatter.png.4a0cf159bd6aab458f4966500f460ad7.png  Shatter  Ranged, DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Cover a foe in stone shards and shatter them, inflicting light damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 
    • Shatter grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_RockShards.png.2e9f1a3b6cdef030692fcc36ab5611b5.png  Rock Shards  Ranged Cone, DMG(Lethal), -Defense, Special
    • You launch a volley of stone shards at your target in a sweeping cone. These shards stab into the target, causing lethal damage. They will also continue to suffer additional lethal damage over time.
    • SeismicBlast_RockShards_Mega.png.09cad0b47ad40d910d0b7f764595eb09.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves, the up front damage will be increased and damage over time accelerated, foes will be knocked down, range will be increased to 60ft and arc to 40 degrees.

• Rock Shards grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Entomb.png.dea8a9c67c6a49f4f635aec00c1936d1.png  Entomb  Ranged, DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly, -DEF
    • Entomb foes in a big boulder, dealing high damage and lowering their defense. They will also become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 

• Entomb grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Aim.png.3e75eb69e2f7790872bce161844b48b3.png  Seismic Force  Self +To Hit, +DMG, +Range, +Special
    • Greatly increases the chance to hit of your attacks for a few seconds. Slightly increases damage and range.

• SeismicBlast_Aim_Mega.png.ac6c589ec0d726f4bb84221e967181bf.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves and will decrease the cooldown of all recharging Seismic Blast attacks by a moderate amount.

• SeismicBlast_UpThrust.png.674778cfec4e658504b7873b7ba0d49d.png  Upthrust  Targeted AoE, DMG(Smashing), -Fly, -Defense, Chance to Knockdown
    • You channel seismic energy into the earth, causing a micro-fault to erupt under your target. This causes a shard of rock to thrust upward out of the ground, dealing smashing damage and lowering their defense. Affected foes will become heavy, limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. The force of the eruption can knockback enemies.
    • Upthrust grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• image.png.1b366f41d44a5f3cf500428b422d5454.png  Gravestone  Ranged, DMG(Smash), Foe -Jump, -Fly
    • Create a giant pillar of stone, creating a Gravestone around your target dealing extreme damage and limiting their ability to jump and fly for a short time. 
    • Gravestone grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Stalagmite.png.8d530aa2d1b330022171ff7b753caa8a.png  Stalagmite  Ranged, DMG(Smash), Foe Disorient, Special
    • You can cause a Stalagmite to erupt under an enemy dealing minimal Lethal damage and Disorienting them for a good while. You must be on the ground to activate this power.
    • SeismicBlast_Stalagmite_Mega.png.fd167698cd204341c11a1dfc18556568.png  If affected by Seismic Shockwaves, this power will halt the shockwaves and deal extreme damage. 

• Stalagmite grants two stacks of Seismic Pressure.

• SeismicBlast_Meteor.png.0ff72e7a1ced036ae81e3ddd4a953fa0.png  Meteor  Ranged (Location AoE), DMG(Smashing) Foe Knockback
    • You call down a meteor strike from the sky at a specified location. All targets within 30' are caught in the blast radius, taking extreme damage and being knocked back.
    • Note: This power uses the knock vector system. You'll notice the foes will be knocked up and back.
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Booper pinned this topic

I've rolled a Seismic/Stone Sentinel.

Much anticipated.

Great job so far.

Love the power diversification to Sent's.  But we have a unique flavour of 'range' buff plus Geode!  Which is like Hibernation but layers of Geo rocks which break down upon mob damage?

L9 and enjoying this.

Planted.  Robust.  Entertaining.  Really highlights the pro's of the Sentinel class.

Azrael.

Yes, so far Seismic Blast is delightful on a sentinel. I need to put more time in on mine but so far I enjoy Seismic in general with that good, crunchy feel to it. Needing to be on the ground for some of the powers doesn't bother me. Can't say I've encountered anything unusual with it yet.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Just one thing.

The pulsing grey (well, they are in the power customisation I pickked...) seismic concentrentic circles which get activated from time to time *with the seismic mechanism/activation are very nauseating.  

These are not the only 'pulsing' circles in the game.  

Rock dust.  Clouds of sand.  All fine.  Happy with that part of the seismic visual fx process.  But this thing with pulsing in to outward circle auras.  Another one. Eg. Conductive Aura on my Elec Domi.  Could we have an option to turn these pulsing circles off in preferences or via the tailor power/costume choices.  Once you see them you can't unsee them.  It's really nauseating.  There are alots of other good gfx in CoH.  I don't know what it is.  The repetitive pulsing?  But it really gives me headaches over extended play.

The auto camera swivelling around with each burst of new target/combat used to really nauseate after a while.  I@ve since decoupled the auto camera.  It's made a massive difference.  Less nauseating and less annoying in combat.

Azrael.

Edited by Golden Azrael
  • Like 1

• Widower unpinned and locked this topic