Shield weapon option.

Enterphase

So, after getting on my shield character I thought "It would be cool if the back option was here like with weapons!".  So thought I would bring that up, if at all a possibility due to customization being much bigger with shields.  Just would love to see my character have the shield on his back, then pull it off when getting into the fight!  

• Thumbs Up 1

There is even a wealth of historical precedent for it. In medieval Europe, shields were typically carried on the back with straps and then slid into place for combat. Outside of history, in comics and anime, the back is still where shields were often carried. So yeah, sounds like a good idea to me!

There are 2 technical hurdles I see with this 

1. If you had a weapon as your attack set they would need a way to prevent both from being on your back. I think this is a limit of what they can currently do

2. Shields are always drawn when you have the toggles activated, so the devs would have to put in some kind of "in combat" detection and then figure out how to have players be able to choose between "always drawn" and "redraw-able"

• Like 1

What this team needs is more Defenders

7 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

2. Shields are always drawn when you have the toggles activated, so the devs would have to put in some kind of "in combat" detection and then figure out how to have players be able to choose between "always drawn" and "redraw-able"

I disagree. If you have the toggles on, you obviously have the shield ready. It sits on your arm. If you have the toggles off, the shield sits on your back.

8 minutes ago, Psyonico said:

1. If you had a weapon as your attack set they would need a way to prevent both from being on your back. I think this is a limit of what they can currently do

Yeah, that would be a problem. You don't carry a weapon and shield on your back for obvious reasons. Though in comics and anime they do despite how it prevents the use of the weapon by trapping it under the shield.

4 hours ago, Rudra said:

I disagree. If you have the toggles on, you obviously have the shield ready. It sits on your arm. If you have the toggles off, the shield sits on your back.

I mean, if you wanted to just have it work for when the toggle is off, sure that would likely be easier, but my interpretation of the OP was that they wanted it to be on their back whenever they weren't in combat.

What this team needs is more Defenders