Review requested, Page 5, Archery/Ninjitsu/Elec mastery

KaizenSoze

I have not made Sentinel in ago two years. So, I am sure this build has some issues.

But after testing like 10 different builds, ice, elec, rad, psy, sonic, and water. With bio, sr, and stone.

This is by far my favorite combo. It is very expensive, but has good defense and works well even though it does not have great Plyon or Trapdoor times. But when I run it through a 4x8 PI or DA mission it's just good.

Mostly looking for slotting suggestions. The power order will change once page 5 drops.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.2.17
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Shadow Shot: Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Archery
Secondary Power Set: Ninjitsu
Power Pool: Teleportation
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Electricity Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Aimed Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(3), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(3), Dcm-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5)
Level 1: Ninja Reflexes -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def/Rchg(7), ShlWal-EndRdx/Rchg(7), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9), ShlWal-Def(9)
Level 2: Danger Sense -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(15), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(15), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(17), LucoftheG-Def(17)
Level 4: Shinobi-Iri -- Rct-ResDam%(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(19), LucoftheG-Def(19), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(21)
Level 6: Stunning Shot -- SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg(A), SprWntBit-Dmg/Rchg(21), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(23), SprWntBit-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(23), SprWntBit-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(25), SprWntBit-Rchg/SlowProc(46)
Level 8: Teleport -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(25)
Level 10: Kuji-In Rin -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: Explosive Arrow -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(27), OvrFrc-Dmg/End/Rech(27), OvrFrc-End/Rech(29), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(29), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(31)
Level 14: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Seishinteki Kyoyo -- PreOptmz-Acc/Rech(A), PreOptmz-EndMod/End(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Rech(31), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/End(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/Acc/Rech(33), PreOptmz-EndMod/End/Rech(33)
Level 18: Blazing Arrow -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(34), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(36)
Level 20: Combat Teleport -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 22: Fold Space -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(36)
Level 24: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(37), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 26: Perfect Shot -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(37), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(40)
Level 28: Bo Ryaku -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), GldArm-ResDam(40), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(40), StdPrt-ResKB(42)
Level 30: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 32: Rain of Arrows -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(43), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(43), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(45)
Level 35: Chain Fences -- TraoftheH-Acc/Rchg(A), TraoftheH-EndRdx/Immob(48), TraoftheH-Acc/EndRdx(48), TraoftheH-Immob/Acc(50), TraoftheH-Acc/Immob/Rchg(50), TraoftheH-Dam%(50)
Level 38: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(45), UnbGrd-Max HP%(45), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(48)
Level 44: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46)
Level 47: Lightning Field -- DS:DSyncAccDam(A)
Level 49: Kuji-In Retsu -- Ksm-ToHit+(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- EndMod-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Prv-Absorb%(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(11), Pnc-Heal/+End(11)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod/Acc(13), SynSck-EndMod/+RunSpeed(13)
------------

• 2 weeks later
8 hours ago, Thrax said:

Does the first attack out of hide do more damage like on a scrap?

Thank for asking. I was planning on elaborating on that.

Short answer, it is only a 40% damage buff on the first hit. Not a critical attack like scrappers.

Long answer, it is a 40% damage buff that will reapply every eight seconds as long as you do not attack, take damage, or click on something. Since, it is not a critical attack. The 40% damage is effected by the damage cap. So, it you have a fully slotted attack, the damage ends being only 13-14% extra in my tests. I created a suggestion about this issue and would like it to be turned into a critical attack, which is an extra attack like a proc, which is not subject to the damage cap.

The reason to take Ninjitsu is not the critical damage, it's ability to softcap all three positionals, stealth, an end buff that allows you to avoid Ageless, and  have extra space for pools like teleportation. 

Edited by KaizenSoze
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oldskool said:

I don't really have any suggestions, but I am curious if you have taken this out for a spin with the new changes. If so, what are your thoughts? 

Yes, on the beta server. It did well, but it a weird way. Trapdoor times weren't great, but it attack chain flowed very well.

It felt great, but not in any objective measure was it great. One of the oddest experience I have had with builds.

• Thanks 1

I went and dug up an old Archery/Nin/Nin build here on the forums, but realized I needed to just redo it since that version of Mids is old. 

So, in the spoiler tag is a possible way to re-slot what you have. My goals weren't to replicate what you have entirely, but just to re-think this in how I may do it on a first draft. 

Things that I find important with Archery are: 

1) Get the recharge high enough that I can ignore the T1/T2 --- Page 5 makes this GREAT given that Stunning Shot -> Blazing Arrow -> Perfect Shot has always been the best way to go and now its just better. 

2) If possible, get some extra damage where I can... So, in this case procs aren't that much of an option, but global damage. You could get 10% more of that than what you had and that is a bit of an improvement when considering the scalar is now 1.1. 

I felt your build's defenses were a bit higher than I care for, BUT there are plenty of reasons to do that. I'm not questioning the decision but just making a note on preference. If hitting 50% defense is an important thing, then go for it. 

Obviously, Incarnates with a damage focus, like Musculature, Assault, etc., are just going to make this a lot better. 

I didn't have time to revisit various sets that tend to lean towards the ignoring of their T1/T2 (Beam Rifle comes to mind), but this was a fun little exercise. I've always like how Sentinel Archery works. 

Edited by oldskool
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 5 weeks later