Equip Mercenary resist enhs do nothing

Nuc

When trying to put resist damage enhancements into this power the base value is blank, value is 0.0% and despite taking the enhancement the henchmen (T1 at least, not high enough for T2 but assume it's the same) S/L resistance remains unchanged at 21.52%.

Also the detailed info for this power has no power grant entry for the resistances.

Edit:

Actually there seems to be some weirdness going on with the upgrade powers depending on the pets they're used on. Logged on my 33 Necro to check and Enchant Undead has the following behaviour, with a single 35 resist SO slotted:

• Base value is still blank
  • In detailed info the resistance buff values are 24.71% for Zombie, 32.94% for Grave Knight and 41.18% for Lich.
  • Combat attributes show 20.25% (the base value) for Zombie, 33.21%(?) for Grave Knight and 41.18% for Lich.

I thought maybe it was something to do with the pets relative level to the master but it seems odd that zombies get exactly the base amount and really odd that grave knights get slightly more than they should.

Dark Empowerment follows a similar pattern but seems to be more in line with what you would expect if it were level-related, zombies get less than the stated amount but both halves of the buff are identical values, grave knights get slightly less than detailed info suggests and lich gets exactly what he should. Were the tier 1 pet versions accidentally flagged to ignore enhancements?

Edited by Nuc
Further investigation

Nuclea - Rad/Rad Defender - Defiant - LoonyToons

Did you dismiss and then resummon after slotting right, I learned I had to do that on test.  My Mercs Soldiers have an issue (posted in this forum) but initially I had to remember to dismiss then resummon for the improvements to show up in stats.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Yep made sure they were all freshly summoned whenever I changed the slotting on the upgrade powers. And both Ninjas and Bots (specifically Battle Drones, Genin and Jounin) all seem to have the same issue where they're only getting the base, unenhanced values from their respective first upgrades.

• 3 months later
On 10/19/2022 at 12:17 PM, Nuc said:

Yep made sure they were all freshly summoned whenever I changed the slotting on the upgrade powers. And both Ninjas and Bots (specifically Battle Drones, Genin and Jounin) all seem to have the same issue where they're only getting the base, unenhanced values from their respective first upgrades.

It’s a few months later since you posted this but I’m seeing the same bug with the “Train Ninjas” power when slotting a +Def IO.  I’ve tried generic +Def enhancements, crafted +Def IO’s, Hami-O’s…..nothing I’ve used has ANY effect on the Ninjas base Defense. 

Definitely broken.

3 hours ago, Crysis said:

It’s a few months later since you posted this but I’m seeing the same bug with the “Train Ninjas” power when slotting a +Def IO.  I’ve tried generic +Def enhancements, crafted +Def IO’s, Hami-O’s…..nothing I’ve used has ANY effect on the Ninjas base Defense. 

Definitely broken.

I don't see the problem you are referring to.

When you use Train Ninjas your pets gain a power called "Danger Sense" that grants Melee, Ranged, and AoE Defense. The values of this power improve when you slot Train Ninjas with Defense. I just checked it myself. It works perfectly.

• 1 month later
On 1/28/2023 at 4:02 AM, Wavicle said:

I don't see the problem you are referring to.

When you use Train Ninjas your pets gain a power called "Danger Sense" that grants Melee, Ranged, and AoE Defense. The values of this power improve when you slot Train Ninjas with Defense. I just checked it myself. It works perfectly.

There's definitely something strange going on then.  Just came back to the game and decided to see if anything had changed.  The values shown on the enhancement screen appear correct: image.thumb.png.8cea5e1a34c67eb3e9e748aed6e40fd1.png

But when I inspect the combat attributes for Genin buffed with Train Ninjas using that same slotting, it's just showing the base values rather than the enhanced:

image.png.0e84c20489a2eb1b15c575fdb62c15b2.png

So unless I'm missing something obvious, it certainly appears to be bugged for my MM at least.