Fire farming was nerfed

Sneakers

1 minute ago, golstat2003 said:

If you say so. lol

EDIT: Continues farming with alts that are not just fire resistant and aren't tanks or brutes.

Yes farming in AE is now not much different than fighting level 54's patrolling in any zone.

Didn't you notice?

31 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

Also I would say folks need to get away from just using Fire farmers. Doms can farm, Blasters can farm, Corrupters can farm, Tankers can farm. All with farming builds that have nothing to do with Fire Aura or Fire Melee.

Folks need to learn to diversify.

Yes of course there are many at's and builds that farm and many of those use fire farms they build around.  Others use slashing lethal that they build around. And yet others have methods they don't post about.

However, lets also not let that sort of statement misdirect from the reasons why people for many many years do fire farming in combination with fire aura  builds farming mobs using fire melee/range related attacks:    Fire aura has been since the inception of the game, the most offensive build set for tank/brute due to its powers in the set.  And building for fire resistance on that set is extremely easy and thus choosing mobs with those fire based damage becomes the most effective combination.  Thus the combination is why that's been the most effective for farming in the past.   The changes that continue to be applied intentionally diminish that.

But keep in mind that while you cite those other AT/builds that can farm, they've been effected by updates to diminish their effectivity too. Aggro changes, changes to positional defenses etc have all had their effects felt by other farming builds to varying degrees too, but again, add that to changes with fire's endeavors and its thus more to diminishing its effectivity.   And then there's the "bug" (that was there for so long as to have no one for a very very long time until juuuust when these other changes came about in August) with exp that was felt should be resolved then.   Gibb's Rule #39 then, if you will.

So your saying folks need to "get away from just using fire farmers" is acknowledging that it is the reason that its been arguably the most effective and at the same time trying to say it should be intentionally diminished(yet lacking the understanding that many of those non tank/brute AT's use fire farms and are in essence fire farmers in their own methods defense/resistances though again not limited there to).  People do not need to diversify unless there's an effort to cause people to do so to neuter farming's effectivity since they are less effective by much larger margins. You're in essence then in agreement with diminished farming.

Edited by Sanguinesun
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Sanguinesun said:

So your saying folks need to "get away from just using fire farmers" is acknowledging that it is the reason that its been arguably the most effective and at the same time trying to say it should be intentionally diminished(yet lacking the understanding that many of those non tank/brute AT's use fire farms and are in essence fire farmers in their own methods defense/resistances though again not limited there to).  People do not need to diversify unless there's an effort to cause people to do so to neuter farming's effectivity since they are less effective by much larger margins. You're in essence then in agreement with diminished farming.

I have zero opinion what they do about the ability to farm with fire based toons as I have many that aren't fire based.

My point is if you have more than just those, just switch to those.

I expect they will continue to make changes that will tangently or directly affect fire farming. So I never just stuck to fire farming.

Or people can just keep doing the same thing expecting no changes to ever happen . . . 

YMMV.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, golstat2003 said:

I have zero opinion what they do about the ability to farm with fire based toons as I have many that aren't fire based.

My point is if you have more than just those, just switch to those.

I expect they will continue to make changes that will tangently or directly affect fire farming. So I never just stuck to fire farming.

Or people can just keep doing the same thing expecting no changes to ever happen . . . 

YMMV.

As I said, changes have been not just to diminishing fire farming but it has been the most directed at affecting fire farming. If you farm, you've had to deal with changes, especially since August that have diminished in varying degrees your farming effectivity.

That said concerning your post with an attitude of "I dont care about fire farmers do something different".... "First, they diminished the fire farmers, but I didnt speak out, because I wasn't a fire farmer"...     If you're truly that seemingly apathetic to the changes, then conversely you'd've been just as apathetic to the frustrations of others of it that you'd not have bothered to counter and thus had no opinion to proffer.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

49 minutes ago, Sanguinesun said:

As I said, changes have been not just to diminishing fire farming but it has been the most directed at affecting fire farming. If you farm, you've had to deal with changes, especially since August that have diminished in varying degrees your farming effectivity.

That said concerning your post with an attitude of "I dont care about fire farmers do something different".... "First, they diminished the fire farmers, but I didnt speak out, because I wasn't a fire farmer"...     If you're truly that seemingly apathetic to the changes, then conversely you'd've been just as apathetic to the frustrations of others of it that you'd not have bothered to counter and thus had no opinion to proffer.

It's inevitably that they will make changes to the game, not just to farming. My point is folks should be used to that by now and should take steps to adapt. There have been builds that aren't fire farmers for years on the forums.

HC is going to do what the feel like. And other than giving feedback or joining the beta testing channel to give feedback about it during testing phases, complaining on the forums after the fact isn't going to do much.

Edited by golstat2003
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

HC is going to do what the feel like. And other than giving feedback or joining the beta testing channel to give feedback about it during testing phases, complaining on the forums after the fact isn't going to do much.

Well for one it generates a lot of forum activity. Some of its hilarious.

4 minutes ago, Sneakers said:

Well for one it generates a lot of forum activity. Some of its hilarious.

True. 

Should also point out there have been threads I've been reading in the last hour with various folks (including America's Angel, someone who is in the beta testing channel and is the pvp rep) posting information and feedback on how to update AE and fire farming builds to adapt. 

Fire farming will be fine.

Edited by golstat2003

17 hours ago, DrunkFlux said:

(Dunno why it's wanting to reply to my own post, didn't even hit quote on that post, but deleted the entry here anyways).

I keep saying it, if people who complain about having it harder as a fire farmer would spend more time adapting to the changes and adjusting there AE farms and builds they wouldn't really have a problem.  Alot of players already have solutions.

It's like they adamantly believe that there way of playing is the only way to play.  Like +4 PI radios dont' exist, ITF doesn't exist, ToT currently ongoing doesn't exist hami raids don't exist.  And on top of fire farming being the only one true way, so to was there old build the only one true way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrunkFlux said:

It's like they adamantly believe that there way of playing is the only way to play.  Like +4 PI radios dont' exist, ITF doesn't exist, ToT currently ongoing doesn't exist hami raids don't exist.  And on top of fire farming being the only one true way, so to was there old build the only one true way.

To be fair, that isn’t just the Fire farmers.  I am seeing that “our way of playing is the only way to play” mentality among a few different segments of the Homecoming player base.

Not trying to be snarky, but not everyone enjoys PI radios, or doing ITFs, or TOT, Hami, etc etc. For some people, roleplaying is their main activity. For others, playing the market. For others still, its AE, be it making/playing their own content, testing builds, farming, or simply enjoy playing alone.

From the farmers perspective, it seems others are going "leave the AE or else." I am not saying thats what was said, only that is how it feels for some. And it keeps going back and forth, back and forth. But I ask you this -

Let us pretend a moment, that the AE/farming explicitly vanished tomorrow. The hows/whys is irrelevant to my point. My point is, do you think for one moment that those farmers would then be eager to group up with the same folks whom they have been passionately engaged with here in the forms? Methinks not. I think such people who feel thusly, and especially with the reactions to voiced concerns, are far more likely to go "You know what? Heck with this." Myself included. If the AE was gone tomorrow, and it was "team or else" I can almost guarantee you, the majority of those whom feel slighted would pick "or else." And not only because of the change, but because of how the supporters of both sides have conducted themselves, here in the forums, in the discord, and ingame. And even pointing this out is met with derision from some corners, which I think suggests a far more serious issue than game mechanics changes.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Neiska said:

Not trying to be snarky, but not everyone enjoys PI radios, or doing ITFs, or TOT, Hami, etc etc. For some people, roleplaying is their main activity. For others, playing the market. For others still, its AE, be it making/playing their own content, testing builds, farming, or simply enjoy playing alone.

From the farmers perspective, it seems others are going "leave the AE or else." I am not saying thats what was said, only that is how it feels for some. And it keeps going back and forth, back and forth. But I ask you this -

Let us pretend a moment, that the AE/farming explicitly vanished tomorrow. The hows/whys is irrelevant to my point. My point is, do you think for one moment that those farmers would then be eager to group up with the same folks whom they have been passionately engaged with here in the forms? Methinks not. I think such people who feel thusly, and especially with the reactions to voiced concerns, are far more likely to go "You know what? Heck with this." Myself included. If the AE was gone tomorrow, and it was "team or else" I can almost guarantee you, the majority of those whom feel slighted would pick "or else." And not only because of the change, but because of how the supporters of both sides have conducted themselves, here in the forums, in the discord, and ingame. And even pointing this out is met with derision from some corners, which I think suggests a far more serious issue than game mechanics changes.

Well you kind of bring up my point or reinforce it a little, there shouldn't be only one way to play the game.  My critique is on those fire farmers who spend far more time complaining here rather than adjusting and adapting to the changes to continue doing what they like to do.  Everything changes over time, AE is not likely going away anytime soon if ever, in fact probably never will.

If AE was to overpowered to many people would flock to it and hurt those who want to do other things like radios or task forces.  You cannot do task forces without teams and when theres no one doing them, and only doing AE farms well, there you go.

No one should be forced to play a way they don't like, yes, but that needs to be considered when leaving specific activities so rewarding as to effectively drown out every other activity and force players to those overpowered activities.  If AE was to remain OP, there would be less and less players doing anything else, many who'd rather do other things wouldn't be able to simply from that alone.

But I should also bring up that if AE was to remain as OP as it apparently was, it could slowly damage the economy.  Rewards in other forms of activity being behind AE was actually a major problem on live, even at shutdown, due to hyper-inflation of the market directly hurting it.  Even here, in homecoming I cannot help feel that AE farming was indirectly responsible for the removal of e-merit/merit conversion; farmers could make alts on separate accounts exclusively to be leveled for the e merits, convert those to merits and sell masses of items for immense influence gains.  That could have eventually destroyed the market.  Sadly, the nerf removed the value of E merits almost entirely beyond filling out the 5-7 at the most tier 4 incarnate powers and then see E merits just get ignored after, rather than doing something about veteran levels in AE, but they also don't want to make it to easy-to-get immense influence from AE like before to with the old "turn off exp at level 49" exploit.

Balance changes usually are done, when done right, in consideration of everyone, rather than a hand picked few, which is actually why I feel the nerfs 'anywhere' or changes anywhere for that matter seem to be in a good direction.

I keep saying, saying it again; people already found solutions to the AE changes.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Astralock said:

To be fair, that isn’t just the Fire farmers.  I am seeing that “our way of playing is the only way to play” mentality among a few different segments of the Homecoming player base.

Oh certainly, I know people who think defense should not be used on tankers(at all, hp and resistance only), or heck even the very old "Healing is the only viable form of support" mentality.

It's called the "Scrub mentality".  Explained by this video of a guy playing titanfall 2:

Reality:  No one cares if you think x or y or z is the only way to play, or your better for using x over y or a less powerful y over x.  It only gets annoying if your very forceful of others about it.  Best you can do is learn to adapt and improve at things you enjoy or keep an open mind and try new things.

And you need to be aware of when you say variety and encouraging it that your not also really just saying "I don't wanna do x I only wanna do y because it was overpowered." to.  I've seen that before, where players tell themselves they are pro variety but not in reality or practice, in fact the video in the post above, the scrub mentality is very guilty of that kind of mindset.

Edited by DrunkFlux
Was gonna post another but decided to edit this to include it.

No one should be forced to play a way they don't like, yes, but that needs to be considered when leaving specific activities so rewarding as to effectively drown out every other activity and force players to those overpowered activities.  If AE was to remain OP, there would be less and less players doing anything else, many who'd rather do other things wouldn't be able to simply from that alone.

I think you missed my point hon. There are some (myself included) who no longer want to team with randoms, regardless of what that teaming might be. But not because of farming changes, but due to how the "other side" conducted themselves.

I mean, think about it. How eager would you be to play with those who antagonized/insulted you? I do want to add that I make no claim nor insinuation that it was only the "nerf farm" side acting in such a manner either. But I would argue that how people (on both sides) are reacting to these changes are doing more division than the change itself. I even offered an olive branch and got mocked for it, so I am truly perplexed what some people expect or think we are headed. It's becoming an "us vs them" atmosphere, and in a community such as this, nobody wins in that scenario. Not "your side", not "the other side", and certainly not the staff.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DrunkFlux said:

No one should be forced to play a way they don't like PERIOD  There is no other consideration to be made.  If I'm forced to (for example) do task forces, I just won't play. 

• Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Neiska said:

It's becoming an "us vs them" atmosphere, and in a community such as this, nobody wins in that scenario. Not "your side", not "the other side", and certainly not the staff.

what a load of nonsense!

seriously, Neiska.....why not just play the game, nerfed farms, ToT, iTF, PI radios, what ever you like!

will be far more enjoyable than playing victim all day.

• Thumbs Down 3

17 minutes ago, Songseven said:

what a load of nonsense!

seriously, Neiska.....why not just play the game, nerfed farms, ToT, iTF, PI radios, what ever you like!

will be far more enjoyable than playing victim all day.

Case in point. I present a realistic concern by a part of the community, not just my own, and you make personal jibes. Considering how you were the one who said they don't care, I don't see why I should value your opinion on the matter, or your attempt at insults.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Case in point. I present a realistic concern by a part of the community, not just my own, and you make personal jibes. Considering how you were the one who said they don't care, I don't see why I should value your opinion on the matter, or your attempt at insults.

no, Neiska

you WANT to feel insulted, i suggest doing some introspection and thinking about how you come across when you continually talk of this 'so-called' division and 'us and them' mentality,

when you and the usuals who continually waffle on about their farms, make it very clear how they feel about participating in other parts of the community.

2 minutes ago, Songseven said:

no, Neiska

you WANT to feel insulted, i suggest doing some introspection and thinking about how you come across when you continually talk of this 'so-called' division and 'us and them' mentality,

when you and the usuals who continually waffle on about their farms, make it very clear how they feel about participating in other parts of the community.

When did I ever say it was the farmers? You assumed that. I said "parts of the community." So that one is on you.

Secondly, if you go back to only this topic and read the various posts, you will see a clear "us vs them" mentality in this single topic. You don't have to take my word for it, it's quite plainly there.

Thirdly, I find we have don't have anything further to discuss nor common ground to share. And as you seem keen on being belittling and antagonistic, perhaps it is best we do not communicate further. And I believe I will take steps to ensure such. If you don't like what I have to say, then I suggest you do the same.

14 minutes ago, Neiska said:

When did I ever say it was the farmers?

14 minutes ago, Neiska said:

Secondly, if you go back to only this topic and read the various posts, you will see a clear "us vs them"

this also stated by you in another thread,  "but at this juncture I wouldn't be surprised in the least if S/L farming was next on the nerf/adjust/rebalance/whatever"

index.jpg.a0d68d107e48df01bda331e5a54ee494.jpg

its pretty clear you are talking about AE farm nerfs and the drama that surrounds the varying opinions,

but hey, constantly playing the victim is more comfortable for you, i get it..

Edited by Songseven

2 hours ago, Songseven said:

You don't know what this person wants, fail to show any empathy if you do, and are just being pointlessly aggravating. 

Take your own advice, stfu, and play the game. It will be way more enjoyable.

Edited by battlewraith
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, battlewraith said:

You don't know what this person wants, fail to show any empathy is you do, and are just being pointlessly aggravating. 

Take your own advice, stfu, and play the game. It will be way more enjoyable.

woah-easy-there-cowboy.jpg.95aa40d759cbe5f4b1f565aa80059966.jpg

• Haha 1