Does Stealth have better invis properties than Cloaking Device?

Kinestron

I don't know if something has changed with mobs but CoT and Lost were able to see me when I stood too close and too long with Cloaking Device and Super Speed on. I pick up Stealth and SS on a lot of characters and I'm not used to any mobs seeing me except high level or high perception like Rikti drones or Knives. Should I switch to Stealth or maybe I'm just used to zooming through a map, rarely pausing long enough for anything to detect me? It just felt off for this to happen after playing for years.

Edited by Kinestron

Something has changed. Super Speed's stealth no longer stacks with most stealth powers. You'll need to either have the full Stealth power or use the Celerity Stealth proc. The thread that Astralock posted is about a bug where if you do use Celerity and try to stack both Super Speed and Cloaking Device on there, the SS and CD stealths will randomly interfere with each other leaving you briefly with neither.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

Stealth no longer stacks. 

This is why anything less than full invisibility is going to feel 'broken' with SS, whereas before you could combine SS with something else and get full Hide capability. 

The Celerity stealth proc for travel powers is probably the best you'll get other than a dedicated Invisibility pool selection, but if you don't want to always stealth when moving, you can slot it into Sprint (or a prestige sprint power for a blurry effect) and toggle it off and on as needed. 

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!