Wow, do I love haunted houses!

mechahamham

I truly enjoy haunted houses, both in RL and in games. When I played Everquest, my favorite hangouts were the undead-infested house in the Estate of Unrest and the vampire-infested Castle Mistmoore.

Dr. Kane's House of Horrors is PERFECT. You fight through a Haunted House gone horribly wrong, only to discover that there is a real undead-raising mad scientist behind it. You fight his zombies, his monsters and his abominable final creation. (And the Black Whip demon!)

Something that I'm seeing more and more of, since HC keeps making more goodies available to base builders is FANTASTIC haunted houses run by supergroups. These are SG bases made into mazes, and in one spectacular case a castle that puts a lot of EQ, WOW, and even OG CoH design to shame! I mean, wow, I wanted to adventure in that castle! I wanted there to be undead baddies to fight!

One of the SG bases had drop-scares! (Witch Mansion on Everlast) How awesome is that?! I am just blown away with the creativity and effort players put into these bases.

So, very seriously, HC devs, you need to be engaging these SG base designers and incorporating their works into the game as maps with enemies to fight. This is a good way to increase the 'vastness' and variety in CoH, and a good way to strengthen the loyalty between players and HC. The more haunted houses there are in CoH, the happier I'll be!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Nine Jewels said:

I built a Haunted House base on Excelsior.  We ran a fun event there on Halloween.  Gave 40 purples and about 500 mil inf away.  The base took about 200 hrs to build.  Check it out iyw:  HAUNTED-23530

I was actually one of your visitors this evening. Exploring 'Haunted' was a blast, and, as I said, I stand in awe of the time and effort. Kudos. Seriously, that base is a work of art and you should be proud of it. You should absolutely list it on your resume if you're looking for design or game work.

I play on Excelsior and went to both Goblins and Pinks.  Fun and great design.  Got some cool stuff in the treat bag but really, just marveled at the design.  Pinks was not really a haunted house per se but beautifully gothic looking space with a glorious cathedral feel.  Goblins was a great maze haunted house especially when the Patient Zero Character (Necro MM) is following you around making you feel  . . . well creeped out so mission accomplished.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)