Item rotation and placement lag.

Etched

I am having issues rotating and placing items withn the base. I'm not sure if this has been discused or not and wanted to get others opinion beofre logging it as a bug. Seems it takes multiple clicks to rotate and place a item... and I MEAN mutiple clicks. Is this that the Devs hate me or has this problem occurred to others as well?

Keyboard and mouse have been ruled out since it happens on two different keyboards and mice or mouses. Also happens on two different PCs.

Thanks for any and all help.

@Etched 

Sounds about parr for the course. I've found for placement purposes, if you click on an object in a different room without many pieces, you can then lay down pieces in the room of your choice without much lag. That only works for the initial placement though, so it will still lag upon clicking an object inside the heavily populated room.

I hope that trick lessens any potential frustration.

Thanks. Just strange that it started doin it so soon within the base buildin. Did bases with much higher item count and normally didn't see this kinda of lag until 16k item count. I'll try  the other room idea, i've been wiggle turnin to get it to the position I need and that works some.

Thanks for your input, Vexx.

I'm not really following why it's taking you an obscene amount of clicks to rotate an object. 

• You can rotate an object 90 degrees by right-clicking it - so 4 clicks puts it back into the original position.
  • You can also rotate an object on its x, y, and z axes by holding down the ALT, ALT+CTRL, or ALT+SHIFT keys while clicking, holding, and dragging the Left Mouse button (so only 1 click).  Your object will then rotate whatever you Angle Snap (F2, or got to "Options") is set to: 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 30, 45 degrees or "Disabled" (which is rotate down to the pixel).

...so there shouldn't be much clicking involved.  Can you elaborate more specifically on what it is you are actually doing that is the issue?  

Currently, I'm in my base that has probably near the cap of items and I've built outside the plot up to the ceiling and down to the floor of the space - I have some highly populated areas / rooms and I am not having any issues placing or rotating items.  

Edited by Frozen Burn

All of this is not new to me. I know all the ways to move an item, granted I don't use the angle snap as much as I should but it's just as easy to me to right click and final touch it with ALT. However, taking the rotation out of the picture it still should not take me 6 left clicks to place an item when i have less than 8k items within my base. Before placement the item flows smoothly to whereever i want to set it.

4 hours ago, Vexxillion said:

2k feet above? Are the FX rooted to the same base room as the objects above the base?

They are. Max plot size with the 24x24 room with 3x3, 2 - 3x8s, and the entrance fillin the rest of plot space, in that order.

How many-ish FX objects are we talking here? If we're taking many hundred then I think that's to blame. It has happened to me on several occasions and can be reproduced in testing. I'm not sure there's a way around it other than placing the FX last if possible.

I would say under a hundred if I had to guess. Granted this base is a little denser with the fx then I normally do. I would not of thought  of that and I can see how it would cause the lag. I'll follow your suggestion  and add them last and see if it makes a difference. 

• Community Rep

FX definitely affect lag and processing time. How many items will create lag will depend on your system, and the polygons, which don't really relate to item count, but more positioning vs. the light sources, which isn't really possible to tell from our side of things. I've had bases that had very few items lag, I've had bases with a ton of items, not lag so much. And, multiple clicks are definitely one of the ways lag shows up. It's aggravating, I know. Try facing a direction when  you're building that looks away from the main part of the base, where most of the items are, that might help. Clicking in the entry room before positioning an item can also help, dunno why.

-Dacy