How many characters in an AE??

Starhawk32

for some reason I never thought of this.  I have over 500 characters each with 6 unique costumes.....they all sit in my "closet".  I do rotate and play these everyday and it takes 3 months before a character gets played in my rotation.

today I thought of making an AE to get them out of my "closet".  go in stealthed to see them.  not really for anyone other than me and my wife.

I have....3000+ unique non-copywrite costumes

Anyone know the limits to how many I can get in one mission arc?

Individually?  Actually not that many. you can only have a few allies per mission depending on a particular map.  I've maxed that out at 7 I think!  Though you MIGHT manage 10. You'd run out of AE missions before you managed to have them all appear, I mean really fast.  Even allowing for you having three Arc slots with 5 missions each.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

You might be able to create a villain group with multiple costumes, and populate the map with that group.  But I doubt it would put a copy of each one in the map.  There's also a practical limit of how many different mobs you can put into an AE instance, and having a lot of custom characters drives up the server 'cost' of spawning the map in the first place.

AE ARC's (So Far!)

--------------------

15252 Child of the Tsoo - [SFMA] Ninjas, sorcerers, and human trafficking (Origin Story - Stick Figure/Storm Lotus)

50769 Hunt of the Eclipse - [SFMA] Finding something that was lost to Arachnos for nearly 20 years (Origin Story - Daisy Chain)

53149 Spells as a Service - [SFMA] When a young hacker makes a connection between magic and mathematics and encodes it into a computer program, chaos breaks loose!

Well, it's not interacting, just sort of setting up a group photo sort of thing, BUT if you created a base room, i.e. a room in a base (in case I was confusing you!) and filled it with NPCS all at attention (or whatever but attention is better for groups) maybe with a sort of bleacher effect with them standing on them and THEN take a demorecord of that group.  Then you open the demorecord file and look for the NPC named in the file when you open it.  (Search for Demorecord on the forum  to see what the hell I'm talking about!) Then Cut & Paste your costume into the spot currently held by that NPC.  You can play the file back and see the NPC is now your custom character.  Rinse and repeat and oh god it's long and tedious and I wish there was a faster way of doing it but as far as I know there isn't.

And you'd have to take a screenshot of the demorecord as it plays.  It's not actually a recording, it's just the code telling the game engine exactly what to show. As I say, it's long and tedious but it would work.  But for your volume of characters?  Sheesh.  Up to you.

Edited by Darmian

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 4/12/2022 at 8:38 PM, GM Impervium said:

FYI, the max mob size is 17, so you'd probably want 18+ critters to make sure you don't get duplicates. For instance, The "Comic Con" farm maps have nearly a HUNDRED different characters to make sure there's no duplication within the mobs!

I don't know if this is helpful information, but if you have a large map, you'll have a chance to see a lot of them, just like the Comic Con farms.

• Thumbs Up 1

Play my AE Adventures, listed under @Jiro Ito, including award winners:

"The Headless Huntsman of Salamanca" #43870 **Scrapbot AE Contest Winner May 2022**           

"On the Claw-Tipped Wings of Betrayal" #43524 **November 2021 Dev's Choice**  

"The Defenders of Talos" #44578 **Mission Architect Competition Winner for October 2021: REBIRTH**