Minimal FX option for Energy Cloak

TheMoncrief

I like the Energy Aura power set, except for one thing - my character is invisible if running Energy Cloak. I mean, I get it, the power grants full Stealth, but I don't like not being able to see my character and costume when I'm using it, and it provides too much Defense to just ignore it.

Can we please get a Minimal FX option for Energy Cloak and similar powers (I think Ninjitsu has one) that provide non-suppressing Defense and Stealth in the same power, for those of us who don't feel like playing our Brutes and Scrappers as if we were roleplaying Stalkers?

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later

2 years ago i fought hard against this suggestion, stating that we needed a visual to remind us when we could or couldn't avoid aggro. That visual was transparency. Stalkers get a little hidden icon for this purpose. however with the recent sweeping changes to how stealth stacks my perspective on this has changed. Not all stealths have the same transparency value but they all now behave the same.  so perhaps a transparency slider in the character creation screen? 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

On 1/3/2023 at 7:55 AM, Saiyajinzoningen said:

2 years ago i fought hard against this suggestion, stating that we needed a visual to remind us when we could or couldn't avoid aggro. That visual was transparency. Stalkers get a little hidden icon for this purpose. however with the recent sweeping changes to how stealth stacks my perspective on this has changed. Not all stealths have the same transparency value but they all now behave the same.  so perhaps a transparency slider in the character creation screen? 

A transparency slider would be great. The fact that my character is visible as nothing but an outline is the problem - if he was just a bit translucent, I wouldn't mind so much. Although I'd probably just turn off the transparency entirely if it were an option. If that interferes with my ability to see whether he's stealthed or not, that's on me for choosing to turn transparency off in the costume creator.

Although possibly calling it "minimal FX" might not be the best name, just to signal people that it is turning off a source of actual information about your character.