Minor UI suggestion - Character Page Labels

WumpusRat

Not sure how difficult it would be to accomplish this, but something that would be kind of nice (especially for those of us with tons and tons (and tons) of alts) would be to make a label for each page of characters.

If you mouse-over the page icon at the bottom it just says "Character Page #".

If you could name them, that would make sorting characters so much easier.

"Masterminds", "Blasters", "Fantasy Adventurers", "Genetic Abominations", etc.

I know I'd love to sort mine by the various groups I have for them. I have several pages that are for my D&D adventurers, my alien race, my 'evil cabal of villains' group, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From my understanding, the game doesn't see the "pages" like we do. (I'd suggested something similar some time ago.) So it may not be as minor a change as you think...

That said, the selection page(s) could use a lot of love, and I wouldn't mind seeing this as part of it.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

One thing I noticed after testing out a few things is that the numbering system breaks down once you get past about 23 pages. 

The number of dots on the bottom doesn't change, but it will skip a few numbers. And even scrolling back and forth won't actually show you the correct number. To test it I just kept shifting a character further and further right to extend the number of tabs of characters that it would have to jump through to get to her, and the numbers started vanishing. It would go "page 1, page 2, page 4, page 5, page 7", etc. And even if I manually scrolled back and forth, it would never show me the proper number. So if you reach a certain number of pages, you lose the ability to quickly jump to that page of characters.

That's most likely due to the fact that the code never imagined people would have 200+ characters, I'd guess.