Installing On New Computer

gromartwo

I run Homecoming on Linux and it runs great. I use Lutris and Wine Development. When i moved to Linux I just copied much of my COH folder to my Wine folder and tinkered a bit and everything worked. I still have that folder on USB.

I'm getting a new faster computer and could just copy the old folder but since the game has grown over the years it may be better to do a fresh install.

I use Tequila and never tried the new Launcher but may in the future. Is there a way to save my Tequila settings and import into the Launcher?

Same with running via Linux.

Not entirely sure any of the settings can be transferred, but I just built a new computer as well.  (2012 laptop to brandnew system is quite a nice upgrade)

I've been using the new launcher almost from it's release.  Works well.

A fresh install may make sense if you're using the new Coh Modder.  I didn't do a fresh one, but I might do that anyway.

Oddly enough, Lutris stopped working properly for me on my old computer and I wound up using a shell script to start the launcher, I'm still using the shell script.  Logs a few interesting things and now that I look at it again, may need to log a report. 😛

:
PULSE_LATENCY_MSEC=60
wine ~/.wine/drive_c/Games/Homecoming/bin/win64/launcher.exe > ~/down/hclaunch.log 2> ~/down/hclaunch.err &

Edited by lemming
bad format