Is Umbral Torrent supposed to go through walls?

RikOz

Playing one of my Dark Blast blasters today, and saw the oddest thing happen.

There were two enemies standing near a wall, on a warehouse map. I hit them with Umbral Torrent.

Just after I defeated them, two more enemies came running at me, from the next room, showing the lingering effects of the Umbral Torrent power. They had been nowhere in my line of sight when I used the attack. I assume they had been on the opposite side of the wall when I fired off the Umbral Torrent.

Is Umbral Torrent actually supposed to do that? I've never seen any other power go through a wall like that.

I can't speak to this specific circumstance, but I have noticed that with cones (and possibly other attacks, but for my play style I see this with cones) I hit (or don't target, but this is harder to judge fairly) certain targets in unexpected ways. I attribute this to a combination of button mashing, repositioning (moving, turning) and an asynchronous link between my system and the server.

My observation with cones is slightly different (but I think related to) when using a cone attack when rapidly moving... or when playing with others who are 'moving' the enemies. An easy way to see some of this is to buy/use Plasmatic Taser from P2W, as this is a cone with knockback... it is possible to see some (at first glance) peculiar targeting/ragdoll effects. I tend to use both P2W powers Plasmatic Taser and Fragmentation Grenade, so I think I've just gotten so used to peculiar effects with cones and ranged AoE I don't see anything 'wrong'.

Occasionally I see something like this with a PBAoE also, where an activated PBAoE hits characters that I wouldn't expect to hit based on the displayed position of the enemy mob.