Small request: petite busts

I will give this thread a chance, since it's a perfectly valid question, but don't be a jerk.

(And for the record, I main redside and I'm a perfectly polite, well-adjusted person.)

Enjoying the torment of others is not well-adjusted. There is a sadistic side within you if you like bad-guys. I wasn't "attacking" the OP I was more-so stating that this is a fictional video game and having a good-looking male/female super hero/villain is not the end of the world. No matter what you look like IRL. She wants a flatter chested female because it reflects what she has IRL? Don't stop there though, let's get in some beer bellies, muffin tops, and other body types too. Might not be a bad idea if the devs actually have time for it.

No troll: OP, I have decided to support your request. I want more body types though as stated above.

Telling a woman to be calm and passive in her response to somebody who's expressing sexist notions is also sexism. Food for thought.

No, it isn't sexism. It's tactism.

Telling ANYONE to be calm and passive when arguing on the internet is just good advice. If you claim that it's sexism then you're probably trying to start an argument where one is not warranted. Or else you believe that anyone who has a disagreement with you while knowing that you're a woman is being sexist.

Listen to the wisdom of an argument or the lack of it in the argument, and respond to that. Adding in side notions of "if you say this then you're sexist" just makes me think that you're trolling.

Telling a woman to be calm and passive in her response to somebody who's expressing sexist notions is also sexism. Food for thought.

Telling ANYONE to be calm and passive when arguing on the internet is just good advice. If you claim that it's sexism then you're probably trying to start an argument where one is not warranted. Or else you believe that anyone who has a disagreement with you while knowing that you're a woman is being sexist.

Listen to the wisdom of an argument or the lack of it in the argument, and respond to that. Adding in side notions of "if you say this then you're sexist" just makes me think that you're trolling.

Telling anyone to be passive is a bad idea...People should be assertive...not aggressive, not passive...They don't have to lay down and take it just because it's the internet.

The OP shouldn't have to "go along" with gender based insults she received.  It triggers me, and I'm a guy...

And she certainly wasn't aggressive or mean in her response...just stating that insulting her was hurtful...

So it coming across a bit, unfair

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Telling anyone to be passive is a bad idea...People should be assertive...not aggressive, not passive...They don't have to lay down and take it just because it's the internet.

The OP shouldn't have to "go along" with gender based insults she received.  It triggers me, and I'm a guy...

And she certainly wasn't aggressive or mean in her response...just stating that insulting her was hurtful...

I love your statement that says: People should be

My dude, you just told me in 3 words what YOU think I should be doing and thinking. You don't control people's thoughts and actions. With that said: how about you start using a proper format for your sentence and paragraph structure?

Because I do not like

how you like to space out your

sentences like this.

Telling ANYONE to be calm and passive when arguing on the internet is just good advice.

Yes, because hinting "you mad bro?" is an AWESOME way to keep the conversation flowing.

Seriously? I just said that people should be polite when arguing on the internet. How does this get characterized into a snarky comment like "you mad bro?".

I keep wondering how so many of the posts in this thread seem to get mischaracterized in their responses.

True, but she used the word "passive" in her post. I just didn't want to change it in the reply. I agree, she shouldn't be PASSIVE, she should just be polite.

And I don't see where there were gender-based insults. Someone said that a character could be made with large breasts who is hot, but that's all... I don't see how that implies that someone without large breasts cannot be hot. It feels like there is a rush to be offended in this thread, and it is taking the tone downhill. Fast. Is it really unusual to read something disagreeable and just disagree with it, without being offended?

True, but she used the word "passive" in her post. I just didn't want to change it in the reply. I agree, she shouldn't be PASSIVE, she should just be polite.

And I don't see where there were gender-based insults. Someone said that a character could be made with large breasts who is hot, but that's all... I don't see how that implies that someone without large breasts cannot be hot. It feels like there is a rush to be offended in this thread, and it is taking the tone downhill. Fast. Is it really unusual to read something disagreeable and just disagree with it, without being offended?

Didn't you hear? This is the age of special snow flakes.

I'm usually the last person to be genuinely offended here, and I'm not the OP...But looks at how this went down (bold is mine)

Just make a male character... You obviously rather hide all female qualities that make men and women vastly different from each other. I don't have a six-pack IRL but I make badass FIT looking super villains and play them regardless. You should be proud of a hot female FICTIONAL SUPER HUMAN in a sci-fi video game.

The tone is much more about assuming and stating how the OP should feel...that small chested women are just men, and you should be proud to have a big chest because it makes you hot.  There was nobody saying "I find large chests hot".  It never came up...

Since it is specific about women's gender, felt like a gender based insult...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

And it wasn't just you thinking that the Power Pack kids were believable for their assigned ages. The original series in the 80s was just truly excellently written. Some of the aesthetic is goofy and childish, but it deals with heavy themes at the same time. It's really great work.

Fun fact, the original series was created and written by Louise Simonson, wife of Walt Simonson, author of the Ragnarok storyline, which is the source of much recent MCU stuff.

Honestly I feel that the fact that the series was created (And drawn) by females helped with the kids being written so authentically. Not trying to be sexist, but it was the 80s, and women were just around kids more than men were, even if they didn't have kids of their own.

I'm usually the last person to be genuinely offended here, and I'm not the OP...But looks at how this went down (bold is mine)

Just make a male character... You obviously rather hide all female qualities that make men and women vastly different from each other. I don't have a six-pack IRL but I make badass FIT looking super villains and play them regardless. You should be proud of a hot female FICTIONAL SUPER HUMAN in a sci-fi video game.

The tone is much more about assuming and stating how the OP should feel...that small chested women are just men, and you should be proud to have a big chest because it makes you hot.  There was nobody saying "I find large chests hot".  It never came up...

Since it is specific about women's gender, felt like a gender based insult...

Okay, I can see what you're basing it on. I happen to disagre... I think that if the gender of the posters were reversed, the argument would have gone down in exactly the same way, and therefore I can't see it as being sexist. To me, it feels more like someone wanting options to make more realistic human bodies, and someone else saying that we're playing a super-hero game, so having just heroes who look like they belong in a comic book is fine. I don't see it as being sexist, more as being a difference between someone who wants more options, and someone else who wants to limit options so that they better fit his idea of how heroes look in the CoH universe.

But since the particular argument is about a female body option, I can see how someone may consider the argument to be sexist.

Okay, I can see what you're basing it on. I happen to disagre... I think that if the gender of the posters were reversed, the argument would have gone down in exactly the same way, and therefore I can't see it as being sexist. To me, it feels more like someone wanting options to make more realistic human bodies, and someone else saying that we're playing a super-hero game, so having just heroes who look like they belong in a comic book is fine. I don't see it as being sexist, more as being a difference between someone who wants more options, and someone else who wants to limit options so that they better fit his idea of how heroes look in the CoH universe.

But since the particular argument is about a female body option, I can see how someone may consider the argument to be sexist.

But it couldn't have gone down if it was reversed...The OP wanted to option to make it look more like how she looks in real life...Can't see the gender's switching in that scenario.  So in this case, sexist and personal

But even hypothetically, I would call a woman sexist if she said that women with small chests are practically men, and that you should be proud to have a fictional large chest...

But it couldn't have gone down if it was reversed...The OP wanted to option to make it look more like how she looks in real life...Can't see the gender's switching in that scenario.  So in this case, sexist and personal

But even hypothetically, I would call a woman sexist if she said that women with small chests are practically men, and that you should be proud to have a fictional large chest...

She's a big girl. She can come on here and tell me off herself. You're on a video game forum trying to protect this woman because you think it will make her like you. Seems like you have a permanent residence in the friend zone. I wasn't being sexist in my post, take away hips and boobs on a model and what do you get? A male looking model. If you look or want to look more boyish than just use that model (for now) as there are no other options available. I jumped on her train for human body modification and shapes, because having an overweight kingpin thug mastermind wouldn't be a bad idea in a fantasy perspective.