Lex + Otis

Apparently this studio has been developing the "Ark: Survival Evolved" TV show coming out next year.  I've never heard of them, and a Google search just gives me an Instagram page and a bunch of random unhelpful things, half of which are marked "archive" and half of the rest have Lex without an Otis.

So who are they?

I'm mainly asking because I'm one of those annoying "follow the money" people, and they've shelled out big money for big voice actors (e.g., Michelle Yeoh, Karl Urban, and David Tennant to name a few).  Are they bankrolling it themselves, or is someone else?  Were they hired by Wildcard Studios (the people who developed the game)?

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

So who are they?

https://lexandotis.com/about/

Looks to be your standard amalgam of experienced industry types having a go at their own animation house.

Nothing out of the ordinary here. I'm confused by the question.  Entering Lex +Otis into a Firefox address bar gave me their website as the first result. They've been around since 2018, and glancing over that list of their principals they are definitely not lacking for industry connections through which to get EP funds.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

42 minutes ago, InvaderStych said:

I'm confused by the question

For whatever reason, Google in Firefox wouldn't point to that site for me this morning.  It does now.  Oddly enough, DuckDuckGo lists it as the first entry, while Google's first entry (on my machine) is their LinkedIn page, followed by Instagram.  I'll chalk it up to internet gremlins.

Anyway, I think at least one of my basic questions has been answered.  I wasn't aware that there was an Ark II coming out this year (featuring Vin Diesel in game, I guess?), so that answers the "why" of it.

Still not clear on the "who" parts, i.e., who's bankrolling the series and who thought an animated series would be as good an investment (or better) than regular video game advertising.  Connections or no, none of those people work for peanuts.

1 hour ago, TheOtherTed said:

Still not clear on the "who" parts, i.e., who's bankrolling the series and who thought an animated series would be as good an investment (or better) than regular video game advertising.  Connections or no, none of those people work for peanuts.

Vin Diesel is credited as an EP, which most likely means some of his money is involved.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13629530/fullcredits/?ref_=tt_cl_sm

Though it might be because he is the "President of Creative Convergence." at Wildcard now. Whatever that means.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/ark-the-animated-series-vin-diesel-michelle-yeoh-elliot-page-among-voice-cast-members-in-new-video-game-inspired-show-1234654598/

IMDB Pro would have more detailed info, but that's a paywall I am no longer on the other side of.

Edited by InvaderStych
Netflix reference removed, that's their other series.

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.