Force Feedback on minions?

Azrik

As far as I know, any non-pet proc slotted into a pet power only gets a chance to go off when that power is activated.

So, if slotted in a minion summon power, it would only have a chance to go off when the minion summon power is used. (Unless there has been a change that I don't know about)

Non-pet procs are focused on the character and not the pets/minions.

So say you could slot a  Performance Shifter +END in a minion summons. When that power is used as a summons and the proc successfully goes of, it would generate +END for the character and not the minions.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

3 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

As far as I know, any non-pet proc slotted into a pet power only gets a chance to go off when that power is activated.

Nope, not quite true. Damage procs will go off whenever a pet uses a power which could benefit from that type of enhancement. So Lady Greys on a Grave Knight will try and trigger for their Dark Blasts (because they have -ToHit). Achilles on their Broadsword attacks (because those have -Def). 

Other procs will be the same but the effect depends on the recipient of the buff. For example you could give "Chance to Heal Self" to a Mu Guardian and their lightnings could heal them a little. But it's likely not really worth it. Performance Shifter is a weird one. It affects the Target. So if you gave your Mu Guardian that he'd be occasionally be topping up their End with it(!!). 

The specific problem with Forced Feedback is that pets can't be buffed (or debuffed) with Recharge. So Forced Feedback is wasted on them. They're immune to +Recharge from it anyway. 

As you say FF also has a change to proc when you cast the "pet" power. That's why it's useful on a Stormies Tornado and Lightning Storm, because you'll be recasting them a lot and it'll typically give you a brief chunk of 100% recharge every time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carnifax said:

Performance Shifter is a weird one. It affects the Target. So if you gave your Mu Guardian that he'd be occasionally be topping up their End with it(!!). 

Who's END?

I think you are confused on this one. I use it quite frequently in electrical attacks, and it is tested and proven to give +END to the character and not their target.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

15 minutes ago, UltraAlt said:

Who's END?

I think you are confused on this one. I use it quite frequently in electrical attacks, and it is tested and proven to give +END to the character and not their target.

It used to be coded as Target (it's why I skipped it on my sapper). They could have fixed it / changed it to Caster but it definitely used to be Target. 

I really hope it's not now (runs off to the test server....)

Edit : Yes, you're right. It's been changed from Target to Caster by the looks of things. 

image.thumb.png.2ab27c12b6859cf465bac8b3f2503adc.png

Edit 2 : Ahh. I think I see. They added a clause so it'll only affect Friendly Player targets if I'm reading CoD properly. That makes sense since I'm also a target of End (Tesla takes End from them and gives me a tiny bit. So I'll get the buff but enemies no longer do)

image.thumb.png.e5a4f08dd92ddee440fc091d39f3db54.png

Edited by Carnifax
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Carnifax said:

It used to be coded as Target (it's why I skipped it on my sapper). They could have fixed it / changed it to Caster but it definitely used to be Target. 

I'm not sure that it used to be like. I believe you if you say it was like that.

Since being back on Homecoming, I have run into people saying this before about Performance Shifter>Chance for + END.  So I went out and tested it, as I already had it slotted in attack powers.

I have an electric/electric sentinel and the combat logs show the character getting +END, and I can see the +END pop-up on my character from attacks. I do have it slotted in Stamina, but I also have it slotted in Lighting Bolt. I could see during testing that I was getting +END about 3 times per minute. It was not showing that it was granting +END to enemies.

Now I can't remember if I have put it in any powers that grand +END to other friendly characters. Most of these take heading on or more than one minute to recharge so only having one chance of it to go off in that amount of time outweighs the possible benefit in my calculations.

Edit : Yes, you're right. It's been changed from Target to Caster by the looks of things. 

Edit 2 : Ahh. I think I see. They added a clause so it'll only affect Friendly Player targets if I'm reading CoD properly. That makes sense since I'm also a target of End (Tesla takes End from them and gives me a tiny bit. So I'll get the buff but enemies no longer do)

Thanks for double-checking and confirming.