Original Account

Alleandros

Is there anyway to get our original account info? I doubt we can get our characters back but I'd love any original info, I can only remember what several characters I had looked like and were named. I'm most interested in exactly what powers and how they were slotted so I don't have to entirely relearn and tweak things as I go.

Unfortunately no.  HC doesn’t have a copy of the user data from Live.

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

It doesn't help now, but the Titan Network had the Sentinel+ utility back before shutdown that would have done that for you -- it would save out the information on your current character as an XML file, with the hope that it would, at some point in the future, allow you to load the data back into a revived server. I think that there are tools that will do this, but they are server-based, and I'm pretty certain that the public servers will never implement it. If you were to set up your own server, or found a private server that did this, you'd be able to reload the data and have your old characters back. But unless you had gone through and saved out the character data before the shutdown, there's no way to get it back now.

It doesn't help now, but the Titan Network had the Sentinel+ utility back before shutdown that would have done that for you -- it would save out the information on your current character as an XML file, with the hope that it would, at some point in the future, allow you to load the data back into a revived server. I think that there are tools that will do this, but they are server-based, and I'm pretty certain that the public servers will never implement it. If you were to set up your own server, or found a private server that did this, you'd be able to reload the data and have your old characters back. But unless you had gone through and saved out the character data before the shutdown, there's no way to get it back now.

Even without the ability to reload characters saved with Sentinel+, I've found it useful just to open the xml files and use the information in there to recreate many of my old characters on Homecoming.  They have to start over at level 1, but I don't mind that - leveling was always the fun part for me anyway.

Even without the ability to reload characters saved with Sentinel+, I've found it useful just to open the xml files and use the information in there to recreate many of my old characters on Homecoming.  They have to start over at level 1, but I don't mind that - leveling was always the fun part for me anyway.

Does the "_A" through "_F" labeling in the Sentinel+ files match the default order in the set description? None of my recreated characters are high enough to be worrying about set slotting yet, but I want to make sure that I'm going to be getting the correct ones where I had partial sets slotted.