Unbreakable Guard 2 piece set bonus gives wrong END discount.

AgentRgent

On my Necro/Dark MM on Excelsior (The Grey Ghoul) I have 4 sets of Unbreakable Guard (2 pieces) which should give me -2.5% Endurance Discounts each, but in my Combat Attributes it shows them as -2.43% discounts...and the total END discount doesn't match the sum of the discounts (showing 9.08% instead of the sum 9.72%) nor the correct 10%. Seems like some strange maths going on...

2034707280_COHEndDiscountBug.png.7ecec7a3000cfb6b1807afa6b2410f97.png

Edited by AgentRgent

If I recall correctly, the bonuses are multiplicative and not additive. I mean, the math still doesn't work that way, but it does explain some of the weirdness.

I remembered how it works. It is additive, but on the denominator, just like recharge reduction.

Endurance cost = 1/ (1+ endurance reduction)

So 1/ (1+.025+.025+.025+.025) = 1/1.1 = .9090909... which is a reduction of 9.09% (I suspect that the 8 is something of a rounding issue)

Edited by Major_Decoy
edited to correct information
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

Oh, and that also conveniently explains the -2.43% too!

1/1.025 = .97560...

Well almost.. last I checked -0.024390243902439 should round to -2.44.. but because it's truncating instead of rounding it's losing a not insignificant amount of the discount. 😞

Edited by AgentRgent

18 hours ago, AgentRgent said:

Well almost.. last I checked -0.024390243902439 should round to -2.44.. but because it's truncating instead of rounding it's losing a not insignificant amount of the discount. 😞

Have you checked to determine whether the truncation is solely in the display in the combat attributes window, or if the game truncates the value internally for its own calculations?

Everything in the game rounds down. It always has.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.