Base Leurve

I need some advice/help:

I have a basic base - it has the things I need, such as storage, medical facilities, teleporters etc - but it's dull and boring and uninspiring compared to so many of the bases I've seen in game, on forums and in videos.

Sadly I have neither the talent or patience to learn those skills and imaginations to build such an affair - but I would like to spruce it up a lot.

I'm especially inspired by the original Tracy Island base in Gerry Anderson's "Thunderbirds Are Go" or Cloudbase in Captain Scarlet - the idea of being able to get to anywhere in Paragon by rocket, jet, Arachnos flyer or other craft is a fun concept even if we can't actually do that. - but the reality is it's about as much as I can do to make a room with sky with a rocket that pokes out of it 😄

But to more practical matters - how do I completely rebuild a base without destroying what I have currently? I don't want to lose Storage, nor do I want to lose functionality in what might be a time consuming rebuild.

What are your suggestions for achieving that?

Also as a side question: I've noticed that work benches no longer seem to work. Is that a thing now? What caused them to stop functioning?

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

I used Subs as my mode of transport on my base on Excel, gotta figure most zones have a water source.

I'd suggest an above base base. You would still be able to keep the lower base intact but it would take a little skill to do so.

Why don't you just see if you can get a builder to whip something up for you?

@Etched

Something like this?

Base code INV-25132 on Excel.

Not sure what server you play.

As far as above base buildin, you would make one of your rooms with a sky ceilin, this would allow you to build above or below the base. im sure Dacy has a vid/ walk-through that would explain it a little better.

@Etched

screenshot_230321-12-43-06.jpg

screenshot_230321-12-42-32.jpg

screenshot_230321-12-42-14.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
  • Community Rep

You can see my video guides to teach you how to do things. You can move all of your storage into a very small area, actually, like the entry room plus two squares is plenty of room, and then work on the base you want in another area. Could be above, below, or inside the base. You can open up the ceiling to make it look open, so inside the base doesn't have to mean closed in. Or have some sort of a floating air dock above the base (you can set up teleporters to get to the location up above) for teleporters to the various zones. Teleporters can really be made to look like about anything. Base building is really not too difficult, and we have an editor that allows you to do a lot, so unleash your imagination!

-Dacy

Edited by Dacy
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later
On 4/3/2023 at 4:09 AM, Dacy said:

Base building is really not too difficult, and we have an editor that allows you to do a lot, so unleash your imagination!

I can barely even get started. I can string together some sad-looking little dungeon rooms and stick random crap in them, but I find the editor utterly unintuitive. It took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to get the Rough Water Fill and I have no idea how I finally managed it. I accidentally deleted the room that had everything in it, too. 🙄

It’s super fun to feel this dumb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trike said:

I can barely even get started. I can string together some sad-looking little dungeon rooms and stick random crap in them, but I find the editor utterly unintuitive. It took me 20 minutes just to figure out how to get the Rough Water Fill and I have no idea how I finally managed it. I accidentally deleted the room that had everything in it, too. 🙄

It’s super fun to feel this dumb.

And this is how 99.9% of us startrd out.  

Welcome to the world 0f base buildin. 🙂

Just remember... Ctrl+Z is your best friend, other wise known as UNDO. Best Friend.

Welcome to the gang. Just don't stop tryin.

@Etched