Super packs and character items

0th Power

I had an extra 10 mil inf an an alt and thought I hadn’t bought a super pack in a while so I opened up /ah bought one and went to open in and it would not open.  I started to try and look for the cause of the problem and so far I have tried:

Claiming character items from past super packs - claim grays out for a few seconds and nothing is claimed. 

Alted to a different character on the same account- same thing, can’t open or claim. 
Alted to different account - bought, opened and claimed, no problems 

Back to problem account - claimed items from email (not character items)

So the problem is the account not the client. Asking in /h, at least one other person was having the same issues.  I know that there was speculation before that the slowing down of claim items was do to the system being overloaded. Is this a possible next stem to that?

Any help would be appreciated 

This has been discussed pretty extensively in another thread. If I remember correctly it’s a timing/lag issue between the server and peoples computers. 

I think the problem is slightly corrected if you click and wait instead of clicking over and over again.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Basically the whole account server that handles all of that was never designed to hold the number of character items people are leaving in it now that super packs don't cost real money. So every now and then it just dies for no reason and some people can't claim things for a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

This has been an issue in the past. The "fix" at that time was to put a timer on how quickly items could be pulled from email. But now the email system is again essentially unusable.

My understanding at this point is that the original system was implemented by people who didn't understand how to design a responsive SQL database. For all the more this needs to do, there's no reason for the lag we are seeing. I'm not privy to the code, but this is likely one of two things: a poorly designed database, or poor implementation of an ORM.