Smuggler Badge bugged

PresidentDSG

So, I'm not sure how I'm possibly going to give any good documentation for this, but.

I have been leaving a character sitting at various boats and ferries in the Rogue Isles to try to get her Smuggler credit for days. My progress was at 93% and would not continue. I was in the proper volume as far as I'm aware- the little icon to tell you about the Smuggler day job was popping up in them as I was logging off and back in, but credit was not being awarded.

As a test just now, I went back to the first boat I used- The one by the quartermaster in Nerva Archipelago.

image.thumb.png.873e26cba6265b7e85408afd7a1013a8.png

A quick test showed some progress accumulating. Only here- I don't have a full list of boats but I tried the ferries at least in Mercy and Port Oakes, leaving the character parked there for entire workdays, and they did not progress things any. Logging out for a few minutes here progressed it from 92.80~% to 92.95%.

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but there's some shenanigans afoot

yeah u are just on the wrong "boat" the badge is awarded from the ferries not the "smuggler" ships, lol, interesting incident.

And captain is right, i normally stay at one of the 2 entrances of the ferry or just on the very top if im going for the badge.

Edited by SuggestorK

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

Justice, Pinnacle, Victory (Villain Side)

Currently Reunion is the Main Server

Well again, the 1st picture is not a ferry, its a smuggler boat.

Stating in Wiki its awarded only by ferries

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Smuggler_Badge

So what u see as icon is a display bug, i don't know when it was introduced but still is a bug.

The place u standing in 2nd picture is right, for this place u should get progression on that badge.

Just a thought, did u change alignment to vigilante meantime maybe? It should even then make progression till 99 % but wont award badge , so the 93% would be strange.

At that point surely only a Dev can look into it whats truly happening on that char.

Former Player on Server:

Protector, Guardian, Virtue, Liberty, Freedom, Union and Defiant (Hero Side) and part Time Infinity

8 hours ago, SuggestorK said:

So what u see as icon is a display bug, i don't know when it was introduced but still is a bug.

If that character already has the Smuggler badge, it's not a bug. Once you have a badge that awards a temporary benefit, like Commuter's movement bonus, the day job icon will show in your active power icons until its timer runs out, regardless of where you are.

20 hours ago, srmalloy said:

If that character already has the Smuggler badge, it's not a bug. Once you have a badge that awards a temporary benefit, like Commuter's movement bonus, the day job icon will show in your active power icons until its timer runs out, regardless of where you are.

yeah right the acquired bonus.. but if u in the right area u should have 2 of the same icons then.

Former Player on Server: