Regarding Street Justice

KnightSoul

I recently rolled a Street Justice/Shield Scrapper, for Captain America reasons, and have found a dearth of info regarding Street Justice (RedTomax link).  As of 24th level, it seems to tire easily, largely due to the endurance piggies that are the Finishers.  Sweeping Cross in particular has all the problems Shadow Maul from DM has.  (But I'm used to that one.)  The wide range of secondary effects looks like it could be useful for slotting proc IOs.

Does anyone have any opinions on the set, or good links regarding it?

I had a StJ/SD Scrapper that I played to death back on Live, and I loved it. One of my favorite characters. That said yes, it's a bit endurance heavy on the way to 50. There are things you can do to manage it, however. Some suggestions:

- Sweeping Cross is not a great power. I take it only until I can get Spinning Strike and then I respec out of SC. It plays no role in my ultimate build and is too costly for me to use much of the time when Endurance is still an issue, so I don't care for it (basically, I feel like I need to hit three targets for the End cost to make it worthwhile, but that doesn't happen often because the AoE is so small). Spinning Strike and Crushing Uppercut will be my finishers at 50 and there's no room for SC. I never miss it.

- Carry blues. Seriously you'll want them. Just accept it.

- Heavily slot your bread-and-butter Combo builder attacks and don't neglect Endurance Reduction. If you know that you want to keep the character all the way to endgame, take advantage of the AH auto-Attunement to start building out IO sets for them early. Even aside from the set bonuses, you can squeeze a lot of extra Recharge and EndRedux out of a set than you can SOs or generic IOs, and they won't need to be replaced at 50.

- On the topic of enhancement slotting: in my experience it's better to six-slot three attacks (usually Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Dmgx3) than to, say, 4-slot five attacks. The reason why is efficiency. Once you have enhanced an attack with the basic Acc/Dmg, it's a good idea to slot Rchg in it so that you can use it more frequently. Once you have done that, it's better to make that attack (which you are using often) more cost-effective with EndRdx, because every time you use it you save on Endurance. The more heavily an attack is enhanced, the more beneficial it becomes to enhance it more. You can make a pretty smooth attack chain with just Initial Strike/Heavy Blow/Rib Cracker 6-slotted even on SOs, and it'll be easier on your Endurance bar than if you moved those EndRdx slots over to a fourth attack to try to fill in the gaps. With IO sets providing more overall enhancement, this becomes even more true.

- Note: the above is probably Slotting 101 to many people here, but I'm always surprised at how many people don't understand it. So it is reproduced here for the sake of covering the basics.

- Consider buying Recovery Serums at the P2W Vendor and using them when you're really sucking wind. It's not all that expensive and can really take the pressure off when you're fighting without a break.

- Consider Cardiac Alpha at 50. It's a total game-changer for heavy endurance users like this.

StJ/SD is a fantastic combination, but you do have to pay for that performance.