Device/gadget's iff they could be changed or make it as a compleet set so every1 can choose what they want

GenLoco

since gadgets are hodgepot of ability's that doesnt fit in almost any power pool since it has science/techno and magical stuff in it iff you go for soldiers it doesnt fit becausse off the magical stuff in it and for a build whit demons beast it doesnt fit becausse off the floating bubble
so iff you merge both sets in 1 and make it all the classes can use it that normal uses Gadgets and Device
and just let the players make there own choice on what to use
whould be a must have
becausse in the devices set does fit better whit the MM class then Blaster
since iff you have the soldier main choice or robotic's it whould fit better then Gadgets and maybe even whit the ninja's since it also has the caltrops abilityin the power pool
becausse the drone you get is for better hit rating and is sorta the same as the special pool whit the
defensive/attack/accuracy and vengeance toggle powerpool that you can start to choose from lvl4
aswhell as the gun turret you get at the end off the power pool/set. which first better whit the soldiers and robotic's
but for the robotic's version it whill shoot laser's since its the theme off the robotic's
the classes that can alrdy use the gadgets can then also use the devicesbut not arachnos soldier he alrdy has it in his powerpool/set the accuracy boost

i whould love to see this change brought in

There is no Gadgetry set - there is a Traps secondary, which seems to be what you're referencing. As for them being 'complete sets' both Devices and Traps are complete sets already. They're meant to occupy the same theme, concept-wise, but are deliberately focused on different mechanics and powers because of the archetypes they're made to work with. Traps has the force field generator, the acid mortar, and the triage beacon because it's designed to be a debuff/buff set for team support. Devices, on the other hand, is designed more for solo support via shorting up the Blaster's weaknesses and offering some team utility. They're different powersets for a reason.

As far as some of it seeming technological and some of it seeming magical, that's up to the individual player's perception of the FX. Even then, the glorious thing is you can ignore the description blurbs of powers and explain them however you want that makes sense for your character. However, if it's just a matter of 'I don't want this character to have the forcefield drone at all' your options are either don't pick that power while playing Traps (which is a really bad decision, mechanically) or just play a different powerset that you like better.

Edited by El D

Global is @El D, Everlasting Player, Recovering Altaholic.

the blaster has devices and Gadgets

and all other is gadgets it is there look better

image.thumb.png.238bd94b0bf9eb65a5a29a0cb4cf1b3c.png

aka Devices and that 1 is only on Blasters however there is also
ok whit gadgets i ment traps but what i mean is devices is only in Blasters whould be cool off devices is also in any other ranged classes and Masterminds since it fits better then traps in MasterMinds
devices fits whit the Mercenaries and Robotsic's
becausse Traps is a Hodgepot off  different powers some are technology and some are Magical it just doesnt fit
also pure for sorta roleplayability buit also i hope they add devices that is only on blasters on all ranged classes and MM's

Edited by GenLoco

3 hours ago, GenLoco said:

the blaster has devices and Gadgets

and all other is gadgets it is there look better

image.thumb.png.238bd94b0bf9eb65a5a29a0cb4cf1b3c.png

aka Devices and that 1 is only on Blasters however there is also
ok whit gadgets i ment traps but what i mean is devices is only in Blasters whould be cool off devices is also in any other ranged classes and Masterminds since it fits better then traps in MasterMinds
devices fits whit the Mercenaries and Robotsic's
becausse Traps is a Hodgepot off  different powers some are technology and some are Magical it just doesnt fit
also pure for sorta roleplayability buit also i hope they add devices that is only on blasters on all ranged classes and MM's

Check again. There is the Devices power set available to Blasters and there is the Traps power set available to Corruptors and Masterminds. There is, or rather was, a power pool called Gadgetry or something similar that was planned as the Technology origin power pool, but it was never made.

Edit: Also, please use punctuation. I couldn't read most of the OP.

Edited by Rudra

Devices and Traps are essentially different versions of the same set already. 

Devices doesn't support the team in any way, so it doesn't work for Corruptors, Defenders, Controllers, or Masterminds, whose powers are meant to be team support oriented. 

Your request to have Devices ported to those ATs is probably never going to happen. In case you haven't noticed, every blaster secondary is unique to blasters, since no other ranged AT was designed the way they were. 

40 minutes ago, biostem said:

I wonder how difficult it would be to repurpose the various Mace Mastery attacks into a tech-themed control set...

Probably not terribly difficult. 

The power effects are already there, and it's not like animations haven't been recycled before. 

But that's coming from someone who knows jack about coding, so I'd not take my word for it. 

• Thumbs Up 1