Weapon Models: Widow Claw models; grant some of the "Claws" models as a choice?

Hi,

First and foremost, thank you for Homecoming and all the work you put into it.

I have a minor request which i "think" isn't too hard to implement;  I know Arachnos Widows are some of the least played AT's but i enjoy it a lot and the new redraw changes made them even more enjoyable.
Is there a possibility to give access to more claws models by any chance?  The original Widow claws are really ugly and there's not much choice.
 I do understand that they are a "natural" archetype, which is fine and i respect the lore, hence i'd be more than happy to just get claws which look like weapons and not like they are part of the body (though i don't see any harm in that either)
Thanks in advance.

• Thumbs Up 2

The "natural" thing isn't a limitation anymore since they can pick any origin now. 

Also, they kind of contradicted that idea from day 1 since they could summon sharks and dark tentacles with their patron powers. No "natural" human is ever gonna be able to do that just by hitting the gym and training hard. Or just being able to use physic attacks in general, pretty sure an average human can't learn that by training/experience either. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

23 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Also, they kind of contradicted that idea from day 1 since they could summon sharks and dark tentacles with their patron powers. No "natural" human is ever gonna be able to do that just by hitting the gym and training hard. Or just being able to use physic attacks in general, pretty sure an average human can't learn that by training/experience either. 

Black Scorpion gives them advanced weapons. A natural origin character can use weapons.

Mako shows them how to tap into and use the power of the Leviathan. A natural character can be taught how to harness power given to them.

Ghost Widow shows them how to command the souls of the dead to accomplish different things. A natural origin can give commands.

Scirroco shares with them the power of the Mu. A natural origin character can utilize power granted to them.

All the origin says, is how the character started. A natural origin character can later develop mutations (such as by exposure to radiation a la Terra Volta respec), study and learn magic (just need a suitable tutor or the determination to figure out what those crazy symbols and rituals mean, then how to make use of them), can be improved on by science (such as by a friend or foe injecting them with some concoction to either help them or harm them, and their body adapting to it), or take up any technological creation and use it or command it through its appropriate control. The idea of Soldiers and Widows of Arachnos being natural origin and then contradicted by the patrons is false.

(Other origins being able to make use of other origin paths and abilities also apply. The origin is just that, the character's origin. How they started out on their path of being a super. [Edit: It also determines what their affinities are, so how easily they can adapt to different things, and what methods they are likely to use to gain more power or understand something. That more falls under roleplay though.])

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, biostem said:

The Wiki states that "Origins are the source of a hero or villain's powers", not how said character started out...

It states that it is the source of their power, but it does not state that they are unable to gain more power from other sources.

Edit: For instance, the natural origin character does not lose his/her drive to push himself/herself to and past their limits, achieving seemingly superhuman feats, simply because (s)he picked up that really great plasma cannon and figured out how wizards do magic enough to manage a few minor spells himself/herself. His/her nature did not change. (S)he does not stop drawing power from their drive and natural talent, but (s)he does now have access to powers/abilities that are not themselves considered natural in origin.

Edited by Rudra
Edited for spelling.

6 minutes ago, Rudra said:

It states that it is the source of their power, but it does not state that they are unable to gain more power from other sources.

Sure, and it's all up to the player's choice as to how they got their powers.  Maybe the widow claws are a magical construct.  Maybe they're psychic manifestations.  My point is that "weapons" don't always mean a natural origin.  If your character uses magic, however, then that is at least a portion of the origin of their powers, (you could still handwave the effect as coming from some mutation or even a device, though).

Edited by biostem

1 minute ago, biostem said:

Sure, and it's all up to the player's choice as to how they got their powers.  Maybe the widow claws are a magical construct.  Maybe they're psychic manifestations.  My point is that "weapons" don't always mean a natural origin.  If your character uses magic, however, then that is at least a portion of the origin of their powers, (you could still handwave the effect as coming from some mutation or even a device, though).

I never said otherwise. My original comment that started this discussion between us was strictly in response to @FupDup's comment because I took his/her comment as meaning the character's origin was a handicap or straightjacket limiting what that character could pick up, learn, or do later on down the line. I'm not against the OP. (I'm in favor of it, actually.) I'm not saying that players don't get or ahve a choice as to how their characters got their powers. (I'm both surprised and pleased that the Soldiers of Arachnos and Widows of Arachnos are no longer constrained to being natural, actually.) I'm not saying that weapons by default mean "natural". (Not least of which is because that would invalidate a large part of the premise of the technology and magic origins if weapons automatically meant  natural origin.) All I am saying, is that just because a character starts out as a specific origin, that does not mean that character cannot gain new abilities, skills, talents, powers, or anything else unless that new whatever is also of the same origin. Characters grow and change over time. Their core always stays the same, but not what they can do or how.

• Thumbs Up 1