Psychic/Martial/Mace: Page 6 (aka Easy Mode)

SableShrike

Yes yes, I know everyone's playing Storm Blast now.

The Page 6 update brings some really fun changes to Psychic Blast, however.

The following build leverages the solid survival in Martial and Mace to softcap your Defense to S/L/E/Ranged.

I did take and slot Storm Kick and Eagle's Claw to hit the S/L cap, but honestly I play purely with my ranged attacks.  This should be fine to level from scratch 1-50, so you'll have use for Storm Kick early on.

Why Psychic Blast?  Cuz it's fast as hell now.  You have five ranged attacks to sling, and the longest activation time is 1.87 seconds.  The other four blasts fire in just about 1 second each (fast Snipe of course).  Martial's Reaction Time gives you the Endurance to blast nonstop.

Mids has not been updated to reflect my current Page 6 build, but the only differences are as follows:

Psionic Dart => Dominate Will, same slotting with a Superior Defiant Barrage set.

Will Domination => Psionic Darts, a full set of Artillery.

Both Dominate Will and Psionic Darts are new Blaster-specific things, and they blend really well into a fast attack chain.  The travel time on Dominate Will is such that it will often land the instant your TK Blast damage hits as well.  That lets you spike a Minion in two shots and then Snipe another.

I really tried to play with Scramble Minds.  It feels slow to activate and on top of travel time just was too long.  The status effects it inflicts are too short a duration to make the time spent worthwhile.  To add insult to injury, the AoE damage it inflicts is actually far less than your tooltip is showing:  secondary targets take only 50% of what the primary target does.  This isn't like Trick Shot from Martial Assault.  It's not bad, it just doesn't do AoE well.  Psi Darts and Psi Tornado are much more useful in that department.  I swapped it out for Psi Darts and haven't looked back.

Full disclosure: I've not hit the pain that is Praetorian Clockwork yet.  That said, Psi rips through a lot of things that most every other set has a hard time with.

Cyclops or Minotaur just popped Unstoppable?  Doesn't matter.  You blow right past it for full damage.  Melting tanky mobs in an ITF was surprisingly easy.  Paragon Protectors on a Manticore are also easy to hose with your Psi damage.

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.4.7
https://github.com/LoadedCamel/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Lovage: Level 50 Science Blaster
Primary Power Set: Psychic Blast
Secondary Power Set: Martial Combat
Power Pool: Concealment
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Leadership
Ancillary Pool: Mace Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Psionic Dart -- SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(3), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprDfnBrr-Acc/Dmg(5), SprDfnBrr-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprDfnBrr-Rchg/+Status Protect(7)
Level 1: Storm Kick -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(3), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(9), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(11)
Level 2: Telekinetic Blast -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(13), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(13), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(15), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15)
Level 4: Reach for the Limit 
Level 6: Psychic Focus -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 8: Will Domination -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(17), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(17), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(19), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(19), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(21)
Level 10: Burst of Speed -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(34), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(34), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(34)
Level 12: Psionic Lance -- Thn-Acc/Dmg(A), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Thn-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Thn-Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), Thn-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(50)
Level 14: Infiltration -- BlsoftheZ-ResKB(A), BlsoftheZ-Travel(23), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng(23), WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx(33), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(43)
Level 16: Stealth -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(37), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), RedFrt-Def(43), RedFrt-EndRdx(50)
Level 18: Psionic Tornado -- Artl-Acc/Dam(A), Artl-Dam/End(40), Artl-Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Dam/Rech(42), Artl-Acc/Rech/Rng(42), Artl-End/Rech/Rng(43)
Level 20: Reaction Time -- Heal-I(A), Heal-I(21), EndMod-I(40), EndMod-I(40)
Level 22: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 24: Inner Will -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 26: Psychic Wail -- SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(A), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(27), SprBlsWrt-Acc/Dmg(29), SprBlsWrt-Dmg/Rchg(29), SprBlsWrt-Rchg/Dmg%(33)
Level 28: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 30: Eagles Claw -- SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(33)
Level 32: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(45)
Level 35: Scorpion Shield -- RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(A), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(36), RedFrt-EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(37)
Level 38: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(45), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(45), Rct-Def/Rchg(46), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Rct-ResDam%(46)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 44: Tactics -- RctRtc-Pcptn(A), RctRtc-ToHit(50)
Level 47: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Grant Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Defiance 
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- UnbLea-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 1: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A)
Level 1: Stamina -- EndMod-I(A), EndMod-I(11)
Level 49: Quick Form 
Level 50: Musculature Core Paragon 
Level 50: Cognitive Radial Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Vorpal Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Seers Radial Superior Ally 
Level 50: Rebirth Radial Epiphany 
Level 50: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 50: Portal Jockey 
Level 50: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
------------