Suppressive Fire bugged/stat issue

So on top of how chemical ammo should have the same damage as well, somehow I missed, or it was missed, that standard ammo didn't get the  damage boost. Especially cause it's only a stun which is less valuable than a hold anyway, but it also still has its stun duration nerfed too, so it essentially does practically nothing in standard ammo. Please fix this to up the damage in standard ammo (and chemical) to equal the cold/fire boost that this power got. Cause especially this power is terrible in standard ammo, being a short  duration stun that you have to slot spam for it to do anything, and it won't even deal hardly any damage either and you can't put procs in it!? Come on devs, you can do better than that. (same for chem ammo, no reason this power should have less damage when the ice version will hold bosses outright as is anyway)

image.png.ddd95324ef062f83b98d7efcf25c5558.png

It's not a bug. The devs did this intentionally, even including Sentinels (who weren't mentioned in the patch notes).

The logic behind the toxic ammo thing is that it has a longer hold duration that can be stacked more easily, but ice ammo doesn't pay any damage penalty for a powerful mag-4 hold (albeit short duration) so I don't think toxic needs that big of a tax. 

Personally I don't agree with it, since DP isn't exactly a high-performing set anyways. But thank god that Fire Blast got buffed at least. 

Edited by FupDup

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

On 5/5/2023 at 4:13 PM, FupDup said:

It's not a bug. The devs did this intentionally, even including Sentinels (who weren't mentioned in the patch notes).

The logic behind the toxic ammo thing is that it has a longer hold duration that can be stacked more easily, but ice ammo doesn't pay any damage penalty for a powerful mag-4 hold (albeit short duration) so I don't think toxic needs that big of a tax. 

Personally I don't agree with it, since DP isn't exactly a high-performing set anyways. But thank god that Fire Blast got buffed at least. 

I know that was intentional, though EXTREMELY stupid since the only reason it needs stacked is to hold bosses yet cryo ammo does that in the first shot anyway so that point is moot, but was referring to how royally screwed the power gets in standard ammo (which should be just as valid to use as the other ammo types) because it both got hits duration nerfed, AND it's procability, and doesn't have any damage to compensate, especially since it's only a stun too, the power should have the same upped damage that cold/fire ammo's got, heck probably even MORE damage than they got since it's only a stun.

Stuns are functionally equal to holds. They both prevent enemies from attacking, neither of them break on damage. The only difference is that stunned enemies wander around slowly in a small radius around where they got stunned -- never far enough to cause them to wander out of an AoE, or anything like that.

Definitely bring the Standard Ammo version's damage up to the same as the Incendiary & Cryo Ammo versions, though. That seems like such an oversight.

On 5/6/2023 at 4:13 PM, WindDemon21 said:

because it both got hits duration nerfed, AND it's procability, and doesn't have any damage to compensate,

The recharge time on standard shouldn't have changed so it should have the same proc rate.

12 hours ago, Major_Decoy said:

The recharge time on standard shouldn't have changed so it should have the same proc rate.

Ah right it is, had to unenhance a fresh build to really tell lol, ok but still, it should have gotten the same damage bump IMO, as should chem ammo's version. Would much rather have the lower rech and have it do decent damage like the fire/cryo versions do.

Edit: It's odd too, because even IN standard ammo even when picking the power (ie did a 2nd build) it still says the rech/duration is based off the 8s as you can see above, which normally most powers show the BASE stats, not the ones when a special "mode" is applied. Still though, standard and chem ammo should still be the same damage stats as fire/cryo ammo's are.

Edited by WindDemon21