Plant Manipulation - Strangler / Vines

Looking at and rolling a /plant manip blaster, it gets Strangler early on which is a hold.  Seems to be redundant, the T1 Entangle is already an immbolize and it gets another AoE Immoblize patch at T8 with Vines.  Tactically, it seems by the time you get to that level that it would be smarter to lay the Vines first, then use a blast or the debuff toggle (Spore Cloud) to herd them onto it by breaking LOS, then hit with the Thorn Burst for AoE melee or the primary nuke. 

So why is Vines a hold?  The Vines + Entangle = Mag 4 Immobilize which is adequate for bosses.

I suggest Strangler at T3 be changed to a single target melee attack that has the chance to hold like some of the Ice Melee patches and changing some of the animatons.

Current:

T2 Melee = Lunge Animation, swap to Barb Swipe (scrapper spines animaton)

T3 Melee = Strangler now uses the Lunge animation, as it looks like an injection and could "paralyze the target"

Vines patch, it needs a smaller amount of damage equal to about caltrops from /device.

Other then the lack of animation options like the Spines melee, the set is pretty fun.  Would really like another animation "weapon" graphic like melee sets have.  Probably won't happen because of Pistols, beam, Archery and Assault Rifle.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Plants is incredibly powerful.

It kinda sounds like you are asking for a nerf?

If so, know that your suggestion will not go over well on the forums (lol).

If not then your suggestion would make an already powerful set even better which will annoy the power creep crew (lol). 

However, it sounds like you can get the style you want by making a plant/thorns dominator. 

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Plants is incredibly powerful.

It kinda sounds like you are asking for a nerf?

If so, know that your suggestion will not go over well on the forums (lol).

If not then your suggestion would make an already powerful set even better which will annoy the power creep crew (lol). 

However, it sounds like you can get the style you want by making a plant/thorns dominator. 

I understand, just want another faster acting single target melee attack.  For blapping, its awkward since its just one fast attack followed by a 2 second animation hold which is ranged (forgot that), a cone with a long animation time, and an AoE. The single target melee, is just an odd man out for blapping.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer