Recover old accounts?

ZDevoi

Hey folks. Is it possible to recover old accounts that I used to multibox with? I, being the ADHD dumbass that I am, reformatted the OS of the old laptop I used to play Homecoming on a couple of years ago and never sent myself my old logon creds. I have the in-game handle, but I don't know what the actual Account Name was or even what my secondary account name was on the forum. If I can even get just that, I might be able to figure out what I probably used as a password.

You should be able to find it via the old email since it would be a different one.

If you have the in-game handle a GM might be able to at least find the email you used, and then you could recover everything else from there.

Issue with the email is, I sometimes use throwaway emails for my job and I'm pretty sure I used one of those so I have no idea what email I used, lol. Hopefully a GM can find the account.

That may not be a good starting point.  If you don't know the login name on the client (entered in the first screen of City of Heroes before picking a server), or the email address you used for the account, they can't do much without either piece of info.

GMs do not proactively look at player info from the forums, though, so saying it here doesn't help.  They can't discuss account particulars in public.  You need to file a support ticket for this situation to get better info.  (The Support area is 100% between you and them, we can't read your tickets.)

Inactive account.  For current info, see GM_Tock.

Not saying it's a guarantee, but if you remember the exact server and character name you played before, you can create a new account, login, then try to get the global of that character, and see if anything there rings a bell...