Unspeakable Terror stun proc doesn't grant Containment

EmperorSteele

^thread title

I'm in the process of testing procs as an update to my old Mind/Kin guide, and I've found that, while the proc DOES land a 1-pt Mag stun onto a target (srsly, only 1?), it A) doesn't seem to last the 8 seconds like its supposed to, and B) doesn't grant containment damage when attacking someone with another power!

Yes, I'm attacking with a Controller, shush.

If I manage to stack the magnitude of the proc, then Containment works. However, I don't see how that's actually possible outside of using the tools on the Beta client (which I was doing).

I don't know if the proc needs to be brought up to Mag 2, or if Containment need to be looked at to affect foes with only 1 point of magnitude of a status effect.

17 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

A) doesn't seem to last the 8 seconds like its supposed to

CoD verifies that it is set to 8 seconds.  If it's not lasting 8 seconds for you, it's status resistance or enemy level (8 seconds becomes 7.2 seconds on +1 foes, 6.4 seconds on +2 foes, 5.2 seconds on +3 foes and 3.84 seconds on +4 foes).

22 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

B) doesn't grant containment damage when attacking someone with another power!

Working as intended.  A minion or higher with a mag 1 mez on it isn't "contained", as it's not Stunned/Slept/Held/Immobilized.

30 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

If I manage to stack the magnitude of the proc, then Containment works. However, I don't see how that's actually possible outside of using the tools on the Beta client (which I was doing).

It will stack with other Stuns.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

My poor Mind Controller doesn't have any other stuns =(  I was testing this on -2 Council, and the stun only seemed to last about 6 seconds, barely enough time to get Levitate off or try to stack it. But I wasn't using a stop watch, so that could just be my own perception of time.

That's poopy, I was hoping it'd be a nice way to reset containment after using Mass Hypnosis + Terrify, but noooo.

But, I think you clarified the issue; thanks, Lumi!

37 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

That's poopy, I was hoping it'd be a nice way to reset containment after using Mass Hypnosis + Terrify, but noooo.

Status effect procs are generally underwhelming, with low durations and low magnitudes, and the Stun procs are the worst of the lot.  You could try Devastation: Chance for Hold (mag 2, 3 PPM) and Lockdown: Chance for Hold (mag 2, 2.5 PPM) in Dominate/Total Domination.  If you dip into melee, Cross Punch and Boxing have chances to Stun, and any melee attack can take Blistering Cold: Chance for Hold, which is about as good as Lockdown's proc (the superior version is... superior).

If it's a 35+ character, I really can't recommend Earth Mastery enough.  Fissure has a 50% chance for a mag 2 Stun, and a 50% chance for a mag 1 Stun, and they both stack, with each other and with other Stuns.  You can get a lot of Stun mileage out of Fissure.  Throw in Cross Punch and you might find that you don't have to use other controls very often, what with everything either on its back or ambling around dizzily.  And Seismic Smash is not only a hard-hitting attack, it's also a mag 4 Hold, an instant boss neuterer.  Go Stone, skip the procs, you won't even need most of your primary.

• Thumbs Up 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Yeah, I know....when i was researching/testing some of the odd-off procs, I found that some were better than my notes/old guide said (I had the Call of Sandman proc as being 2% for 25 hp... it's actually 15% of base hp and goes off semi-reliably). Since most procs were better that I remember, I thought the Stun ones would be better, too. Ah well =/

Thanks, tho!

Edited by EmperorSteele