Searching for Lost story arc

TalonMC

Hi all.

Recently, my son asked me "What's the deal with the Lost?".  I want him to experience it (as I had years ago) instead of me just explaining it to him, but I can't remember which story arc reveals the truth about the Lost. 

Spoiler

I know there's a story arc in the 30s somewhere that reveals the truth about the Rikti, but isn't there a much lower level arc that explains the Lost -> Rikti connection first?

Thank you,

-MC

Edited by TalonMC

Montague Castanella: Lost and Found

There's also a few other arcs here and there that reveals the Rikti/Lost thing without being as detailed, like one of Timothy Raymond's and one of the RWZ arcs. I think there was one other blueside arc that I can't quite remember who it's given by. 

Edited by FupDup
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

16 minutes ago, FupDup said:

Montague Castanella: Lost and Found

There's also a few other arcs here and there that reveals the Rikti/Lost thing without being as detailed, like one of Timothy Raymond's and one of the RWZ arcs. I think there was one other blueside arc that I can't quite remember who it's given by. 

Lost and Found ends with you curing the "Lost Virus", but that's not the first mention of the virus is it?  Is there a mission somewhere that explains why the Lost have the virus or where/how they were infected?

Lost and Found is the most direct reveal of the connection between the Lost and the Rikti, but i think there are other single missions earlier missions that have the NPC's going, "Well that was odd, oh well nothing to see here" and leaving players with hints that if they are at all interested they should pick up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TalonMC said:

Lost and Found ends with you curing the "Lost Virus", but that's not the first mention of the virus is it?  Is there a mission somewhere that explains why the Lost have the virus or where/how they were infected?

You can start Montague's arc at 10, I believe, and without XP boosters and running straight through the arc, you can finish it before hitting 15, long before you get any of the missions that lead through the Rikti having the virus and wanting to spread it around, and before you can get the RWZ mission to rescue B'nadek (which gets you a talk with Dark Watcher)

• Like 1

It's not a story arc, but rather, a one-off mission, which made it very easy to miss.  IIRC, Homecoming added a badge for it as an excuse to get the one-off into Ouroboros.

Per the wiki:

• In Ouroboros, this is listed under Champion (Level 25-29) as "Lost Motivation".

It grants the "Pecking Order" badge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1