I may have found the Unicorn! Ice/Dark Corruptor

Snarky

3 minutes ago, Cyrickain13 said:

Making an Ice / Dark corruptor tonight -- putting it on my list and checking it twice. 

It is a very fun design.  I would argue Ice/Cold is slightly more powerful but Ice/Dark is way more easy and fun. The AoE debuff/heal.  Tar patch is so powerful.  Combined with DoT rains.  For my undead concept it just feels perfect.  It plays so well from 30-80 foot range.  And has the tools to control that gap.  

Had both the Corruptor version and its mirror on Live.  Can't recall if the Defender version hit 50 but i know the Corruptor version did.  It's indeed a very potent combo.  Maybe a bit slower to defeat things than say Fire/Dark and perhaps not quite as strong for teams as Ice/Cold but only marginally so and exchanges both for being extremely tough.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Snarky said:

It is a very fun design.  I would argue Ice/Cold is slightly more powerful but Ice/Dark is way more easy and fun. The AoE debuff/heal.  Tar patch is so powerful.  Combined with DoT rains.  For my undead concept it just feels perfect.  It plays so well from 30-80 foot range.  And has the tools to control that gap.  

Made - Icy-Patch - not a super original name but .. meh...got her to 45 last night will explore the last 5 levels with her doing missions and see how she goes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Had both the Corruptor version and its mirror on Live.  Can't recall if the Defender version hit 50 but i know the Corruptor version did.  It's indeed a very potent combo.  Maybe a bit slower to defeat things than say Fire/Dark and perhaps not quite as strong for teams as Ice/Cold but only marginally so and exchanges both for being extremely tough.

this is exactly how i feel. 

To me there is a significant damage improvement from Dark/Dark Corr to Ice/Dark Corr. Due to the DoT Rains and Scourge. Plus the ranged nuke is tactically much safer and easier. 

Also, for me there is a survivabilty improvement from Ice/Cold Corr to Ice/Dark Corr. The team heal is amazingly good (and is a debuff) the Darkest Night and Fearsome Stare -dam, -tohit debuffs, and you still get some -res in Tar Patch.  Giving up the GREAT debuffs in Cold secondary, and (for me) not much else about the set i love. 

Then there is theme. 

image.thumb.png.958340c4ceb7bba45afe4ad0a439015f.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Water said:

This makes Dark possibly the most attractive support ability, to me.

on a team I find it more important to get the AoE debuffs up, the things like Tar Patch, Darkest Night, then lay into AoE, Fearsome Stare, the DoT rains, Frost breath.  only spitting ST as a luxury.  More important is to stay near the bulk of the team and make sure Twilight Grasp (the heal/-tohit/-dam-regen) is working on a big bad while topping off the teams health.