Pain Domination/Dual Pistols build help

Braxx

So this is the first time I have ever made a build and I would like some help to see if its a good one. I took barrier incarnate to cover the wholes in defense and the rest of my resists. I took leadership pool because this toon will be mostly support and If I can fire off Veng then that will make a big difference. I took soul epic pool for the extra buffs from soul drain. Plus I like the idea of darkness powers. Anyway, as I stated this toon will be mostly support for teaming with my buddies but i'll prolly do a little solo action too. Mostly wanna see how I did. If you have questions please ask. All (clean) criticism is welcomed as that is the best way to learn in my opinion. Thank you for your time.

image.thumb.png.2804d54d86e2a2dee6771b715e31da6a.png

Defender_Pain_Domination_-_Dual_Pistols #2.mbd

I love Soothing Aura. If you slot the Panacea and Numina's procs in it, it has a chance to proc for all allies in the aura.

Pain bringer is a great buff for a teammate. I think I put Miracle:heal/recharge, heal/end/recharge, same 2 pieces of Numina's, and 1 performance shifter (end/recharge) in it. It's especially useful on teammates that constantly run low/out of end, or on your tank to keep their health up.

Does conduit of pain really need 6 slots? I'd just stick with the default single slot.

That's the first things that jumped at me. I can look more in depth later. 

3 hours ago, Xandyr said:

I love Soothing Aura. If you slot the Panacea and Numina's procs in it, it has a chance to proc for all allies in the aura.

Pain bringer is a great buff for a teammate. I think I put Miracle:heal/recharge, heal/end/recharge, same 2 pieces of Numina's, and 1 performance shifter (end/recharge) in it. It's especially useful on teammates that constantly run low/out of end, or on your tank to keep their health up.

Does conduit of pain really need 6 slots? I'd just stick with the default single slot.

That's the first things that jumped at me. I can look more in depth later. 

I didn't take it because I didn't have enough powers and it looked like the least beneficial when I was looking through, but i've never used it. As for conduit of pain I was going for damage buff and defense from the set. This is my first build so I didn't know any better. Thank you for your input. Any further advice would be much appreciated. 😄

4 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Do you happen to know if this then reduces the chance of them proccing for/on you? 

3 hours ago, Braxx said:

I didn't take it because I didn't have enough powers and it looked like the least beneficial when I was looking through, but i've never used it. As for conduit of pain I was going for damage buff and defense from the set. This is my first build so I didn't know any better. Thank you for your input. Any further advice would be much appreciated. 😄

With Soothing Aura slotted like how I have it in the build I posted, it heals for approx 196 HP every couple of seconds...not counting the  chances to proc. Nullify Pain, the PBAoE Heal, with my slotting, heals for 281 HP every (roughly) 3 seconds. Combined, that's a decent amount of healing.

Also, your DP attacks, if you put,say, the Ice Mistral Chance For Cold Damage in your attack, it will have a chance to fire regardless if you have Cryo Ammo selected or not. Meaning, any proc, even if it *should* only have a chance to proc based on the certain ammo type, will have that chance to proc NO MATTER the ammo type selected. Might be a bit of info you didn't know, didn't wanna know, or might actually give you a couple of ideas if you want to proc out your attacks.

Oh, crap. Just realized I only slotted one set of the Defender IO...I forgot to slot Superior Vigilant Assault (has some nice set bonuses).

Either way, I have several DP toons, and it's a fun set. The only Pain Domination toon I have is my Mercs/Pain MM, and I like it. I wish that Suppress Pain (the same as a Defender's Soothing Aura) worked like Soothing Aura. On MMs/Corrs it gives a Regen bonus,NOT a flat out heal every couple of seconds. BUT, the procs still fire off on everyone 😃