Wiki downtime

Michiyo

• City Council

The Wiki is back up, but locked in Read Only mode right now.  I'll have to take it back down at some point later today, but I've been working on this for ~20 hours now, and I need to sleep.  I'll update here as I progress.

• Thanks 1

• City Council

Ok, The Wiki has been up for a bit now, Read Only has been disabled.  I'm keeping an eye on the server, it's running another restore so it'll be a touch slower than usual.  Hoping this clears up when that 2nd restore is done.

• Thanks 1

For some reason, I can't reach the wiki.  I get "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site"

Thought it might clear up after rebooting the routers, etc...  Looks like some dns cache elsewhere up the chain is being annoying.

6 minutes ago, lemming said:

For some reason, I can't reach the wiki.  I get "Hmm. We’re having trouble finding that site"

Thought it might clear up after rebooting the routers, etc...  Looks like some dns cache elsewhere up the chain is being annoying.

Ok, apparently it's something to do with secure DNS.  Disabling that allowed me to go to the wiki, but I need to look more into the cause since I don't want to leave that off.

Hi, M. Please let us know when we can start editing and adding to the wiki.  I'm worried that a "restore" might just wipe out what I just did.

BTW, what was the issue you were trying to fix?

• City Council
3 hours ago, lemming said:

Ok, apparently it's something to do with secure DNS.  Disabling that allowed me to go to the wiki, but I need to look more into the cause since I don't want to leave that off.

Are you going directly to https://homecoming.wiki or were you using the link in the forums header under Wikis -> Homecoming wiki?

• City Council
Just now, BlackSpectre said:

Hi, M. Please let us know when we can start editing and adding to the wiki.  I'm worried that a "restore" might just wipe out what I just did.

BTW, what was the issue you were trying to fix?

The 2nd "restore" had nothing to do with the wiki, I had the instance on the old server locked to Read Only to make sure no one made changes there, the current instance is not locked Read Only, and has been fine to edit for a bit over 12 hours now.

• Thanks 1