Project: Lobster

(Warning: Joke build, do not spend your inf on this. Seriously, it's bad.)

<Infomercial Voice>
Are you tired of spending time in the amazing costume creator? Do you want to try out Kheldians but feel overwhelmed with all the shapeshifting and macros?

To paraphrase a great man, "Science (origin) isn't about why, it's about why not?!"

Introducing, the build nobody asked for: Project Lobster!

A single-form Warshade, but not Human form, oh no, that's cliche. You can find human form builds anywhere. What we have for you today focuses on Dwarf Form! Here at Redshirt labs we've spent literally hours of our real life that we'll never get back on this single task. Building the ultimate Black Dwarf Form Warshade! 

Before we start, let's address some questions from the audience:
Is this build cheap? No!
Is this build effective? No!
Is this build fun to play? Also no!
Does Redshirt need professional help? Probably!

So what does it have going for it? Well, it's simple to play. You run a total of one toggle and all of the powers you can use fit in less than one tray. You're actually fairly tanky, with (basically) capped resists to everything and 60% to Psi. You have taunt, punchvoke and mez protection, but zero resistance to any debuff (maybe take Ageless radial?).

Here's the good news. Look at those resists. That insanely low end usage because you literally can only run one toggle! Enough recharge for perma Dwarf Mire and an attack chain!

image.png.08f1f2c45165957a35ca00ab0e709acc.png

I've stuffed in every Global Unique IO I could. The Dwarf attacks have every damage proc possible while still having > 95% chance to hit a +4 Enemy. But here's the bad news, the DPS number in the following picture is while buffed with a 5-target Dwarf Mire, so your regular damage is going to be worse than this:

image.thumb.png.68f5fd93c7e300e74a50666c5e965ada.png

We'll give the lab-guys a few hours to come back with pylon times, but it ain't gonna be pretty. Good news though, there's a self-heal in our DPS rotation so we probably won't die before our $target. Probably.

For the brave: Advanced Mode!

So if you really actually want to try playing this and, again, I recommend you don't, most of the Human-form goodies are taken and slotted. Technically you can double-mire Quasar and Unchain Essence for nukes. You can have a couple Extracted Essences floating around helping out your damage. You have Hasten almost perma. But this is a gimmick build, there are many other Biform posts here that do it way better than this one. They probably also take Eclipse for more than an IO mule. Hah!

Conclusion: A Call to Action!

Can you make this Lobster even more effective?! For example, I tried for a while to come up with a version that 6-slotted Black Dwarf Step and Antagonize but just couldn't keep the resists and recharge up. Do you have an idea for another min-maxed gimmick? Did you fail to read the disclaimers and have a serious critique of this unserious build? Comment on this post to let me know!

Thank you for watching! Good night!

</Informercial Voice>

Edited by redshirt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later
  • Game Master
On 7/27/2023 at 11:41 PM, Thraxen said:

Gonna see what I can do there. Actually sounds fun to me. I fully IO’d and incarnated one that is tri form and I don’t much care for it. 

I'm playing a tri form and having a great time, even if I'm a lot busier than I would be in a normal AT. I kind of default to lobster, but teleport in as human , shadow slip to collect the enemies, eclipse, mire, quasar, then dwarf for mopping up. I use squid for those times an enemy decides to be annoying and flies around or runs off and I need a range attack. I have the teleports and shape shifting on binds so it's a quick flick of a button. Laucianna did help me considerably with tweaking my build and helping me get the best out of it. I'm running at +4/4 and seem to be clearing a lot faster than some of my other alts on +4/2.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

I'm playing a tri form and having a great time, even if I'm a lot busier than I would be in a normal AT. I kind of default to lobster, but teleport in as human , shadow slip to collect the enemies, eclipse, mire, quasar, then dwarf for mopping up. I use squid for those times an enemy decides to be annoying and flies around or runs off and I need a range attack. I have the teleports and shape shifting on binds so it's a quick flick of a button. Laucianna did help me considerably with tweaking my build and helping me get the best out of it. I'm running at +4/4 and seem to be clearing a lot faster than some of my other alts on +4/2.

Willing to post your build?