They gave us an earth blast set, where's my crossbow blast set?

ryokoryu

You know we need it, I know we need it.  give us that ignores some defense trait and some bleeding effects (obviously not visually)  Poisoned bolt gives some toxic damage and -spd.  Split bolt for a cone shot, Ballista bolt as a narrow cone nuke and loaded bolt would be a bolt with cantrops that drop all over the place as a targeted AOE DOT.

• 2 weeks later
On 7/2/2023 at 6:34 AM, ryokoryu said:

You know we need it, I know we need it.  give us that ignores some defense trait and some bleeding effects (obviously not visually)  Poisoned bolt gives some toxic damage and -spd.  Split bolt for a cone shot, Ballista bolt as a narrow cone nuke and loaded bolt would be a bolt with cantrops that drop all over the place as a targeted AOE DOT.

The problem are the animations.  If they were to simply make these pistol crossbows, and use existing pistol animations, would that suffice?  The reason why earth blast was already done was because it basically used existing animations.  I think some Vahzilok and Knives of Artemis enemies use a crossbow attack, but it's just the 1 animation, and it's the aforementioned small pistol crossbow...  Maybe a hand crossbow model for dual pistols, as an option?

19 minutes ago, biostem said:

The problem are the animations.  If they were to simply make these pistol crossbows, and use existing pistol animations, would that suffice?  The reason why earth blast was already done was because it basically used existing animations.  I think some Vahzilok and Knives of Artemis enemies use a crossbow attack, but it's just the 1 animation, and it's the aforementioned small pistol crossbow...  Maybe a hand crossbow model for dual pistols, as an option?

the ammo typed ones in particular kind of look like tracer rounds, which could be confused for small bolts, kupo.

i wish we had a 'no weapon option' with emit point from the hand, so things like using the prism costume of the rikti with the arm rifle would work. as is, any wrapon juts out clipped from an arm that otherise is a perfectly functional beam rifle / ar, or even a bow - were the emit point to be the hand where the gun attaches.

anyhow, hand crossbow things, that might work well.

a power set for crossbows would be also v nice, perhaps with a long reload skill thats like build up but gives ammo charges that do stuff. a shoulder bash (dark souls 3 most crossbow L2), and puncturing shots, splinter ammo (bleed), and a bear trap. 🐻

Edited by honoroit

5 minutes ago, honoroit said:

the ammo typed ones in particular kind of look like tracer rounds, which could be confused for small bolts, kupo.

i wish we had a 'no weapon option' with emit point from the hand, so things like using the prism costume of the rikti with the arm rifle would work. as is, any wrapon juts out clipped from an arm that otherise is a perfectly functional beam rifle / ar, or even a bow - were the emit point to be the hand where the gun attaches.

anyhow, hand crossbow things, that might work well.

a power set for crossbows would be also v nice, perhaps with a long reload skill thats like build up but gives ammo charges that do stuff. a shoulder bash (dark souls 3 most crossbow L2), and puncturing shots, spluter ammo (bleed), and a bear trap. 🐻

Rifle animations could probably work for 2-handed crossbows

• Like 1