DRK/DRK Brute

odith

I haven't played in forever and I wanted to know what is the best possible build nowadays for a DRK/DRK Brute. Should I make it DPS or tank build? Is it even worth building tank if I can just make a tanker?

• 2 weeks later

Paging @Snarky

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

On 7/3/2023 at 10:20 AM, odith said:

I haven't played in forever and I wanted to know what is the best possible build nowadays for a DRK/DRK Brute. Should I make it DPS or tank build? Is it even worth building tank if I can just make a tanker?

Yeah.  This is a matter of flavor and numbers.  Built correctly the Dark Dark Brute, pound for pound, is one of the flat out meanest creatures walking.  But….it is not for newbs or idiots.  No offense meant.  Just setting an expectation level

You have to understand HOW Dark works.  Dark takes the standard CoH Def>Res>Heal and puts that right in the trash compactor.  Then dares you to say shit about it.  

Dark uses AoE stun and AoE fear to mezze the nobodies.  This gets rid of a ton if annoying incoming attacks.  If you do not take both those toggles do yourself a favor and quit reading. Dark Dark uses to hit debuffs to also reduce incoming attacks.  Dark has non suppressed stealth.  When they cant see you eating their friend twenty feet away you can call that defense.  So Defense strategy set

Now, your big bads ignore most of that.  Soooo… some of the best resists in the game. Do not neglect energy resistance.  It can be built into a nice neighborhood.  I have Tanked Rom on a Master Run because i have energy resistance 

BEST heal in the game.  Available every few seconds.  Top of my head i think mine sits at 8 sec recharge.  From .0001 health to 100%.

Dark Melee provides very good ST damage.  Bolstered by Dark armor damage aura there is decent AoE as well.  

since a Dark Dark Brute is rarely killed you will win any and all DPS races.

the most spectacular tacoing of my Dark Brute i recall was a shadow shard TF.  A teammate got stuck in a crossroads in a cave map with tons of big spawns all around.  My overconfident butt went in. Those F-ing eyeballs ignore steath. So part of my “defense” was gone.  Then…..oof.  Rikti, some Nemi and a very few Longbow Wardens do the same.  You need to learn the groups and know the odds.  Only bet on winning hands.  

that is the cliff notes.  If you dig around the Tank and Brute Forums you will find my builds for each AT.  They differ from how most people build the armor.  A lot of people do not take all the toggles.  Yeah, I do not think highly of that. A lot of people go “oh, I cannot have good energy resistance” Yeah, I do not think highly of that.  

Enjoy the ball of hate that is Dark Dark