Custom powers for AE characters...?

Ultimo

Once upon a time, someone provided a link to a list of powers for AE characters, and I can't find it.

The idea I was tying to fulfill was to create a boss character with a melee primary and a defensive set (eg. Super Strength/Invulnerability), but then to add powers manually to the critter file in the game folder (so, I could make a "Superman" with eyebeams and frost breath).

The person (I don't remember who it was) provided a link to a list of sets and powers that I could add to the file.  Does anyone else remember where the list is?  I've done a search, but I can't find it... my search-fu is weak.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Ultimo said:

Once upon a time, someone provided a link to a list of powers for AE characters, and I can't find it.

The idea I was tying to fulfill was to create a boss character with a melee primary and a defensive set (eg. Super Strength/Invulnerability), but then to add powers manually to the critter file in the game folder (so, I could make a "Superman" with eyebeams and frost breath).

The person (I don't remember who it was) provided a link to a list of sets and powers that I could add to the file.  Does anyone else remember where the list is?  I've done a search, but I can't find it... my search-fu is weak.

Create a character you want. Now head to https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=mission_maker_attacks or https://cod.uberguy.net/html/category.html?pcat=mission_maker_secondary and start picking extra powers to give the critter. Only powers from those categories are allowed, everything else you enter will be discarded. Then, open your critter in Notepad (or the text editor of your choosing) and paste the powers' internal name into the critter with "Power" in front of them, then save the file: Only 25 lines of powers can be added, and as per usual AI, half the time they won't use them

These critters will NOT give XP when defeated.  So, adding one to an existing XP giving group will help alleviate that.  Or simply giving an ally a rez to make them more useful is also a thing.

When editing the critter it should look something like this.

image.png.b09f1cbec46d8b4f7e7daafd192e0813.png

Save and off you go.

• Confused 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Excellent, thanks.  I knew most of that, and actually already got it working... though I didn't know such characters wouldn't give xp.  That's worth knowing.

I try not to use it, but in some cases it's really needed to get the full flavour of a character.  I mean, a character like Darkseid would need great strength and invulnerability, but what about his Omega Beams?  In such cases, that he wouldn't use them as much is even a benefit.

Anyway, good info, thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sup, @raven9864?

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

As good as can be expected, @Darmian Working on Part 2 of Lojac's Brain.

Thanks for the custom powers advice here for Ultimo (and others). Most of the characters I use are customs, as I am working on world building in my arcs. I'm pretty proud of my Death Knights and their assorted sub factions, as well as Strikeforce Alpha.

I'd love to see a bunch of us get together and collaborate on some mission builds. If anyone is feeling this, I'll be your huckleberry.

~Paws

Edited by raven9864

I love making the custom characters... when I was younger, my brother and I used to make our own comics, and we had a HUGE stable of characters.  I love adding them to the game.

The trouble, as usual, is balancing.  So often characters I make are either far too powerful (ie. too much damage) or far too flimsy... or both.  My version of Darkseid got his butt handed to him with EASE by my Mercs Mastermind... but was utterly overwhelming to my Psi/Psi Dominator.

SO tough.