The Finale to the Protean/Clone Arc

252px-Protean.jpg

I just finished the protean arc and i am crazy confused, like it was awesome but what happened. WHY are there a bunch of clones of our character in praetoria, what dimension was our double from, and what is this storm that Mender is talking. I'm very new so i'm open to all answers just no huge spoilers please 🙂 

• Game Master
2 hours ago, The Web-Nerd said:

252px-Protean.jpg

I just finished the protean arc and i am crazy confused, like it was awesome but what happened. WHY are there a bunch of clones of our character in praetoria, what dimension was our double from, and what is this storm that Mender is talking. I'm very new so i'm open to all answers just no huge spoilers please 🙂 

You find out all those answers as you go through the game.

The clones were created by someone you later meet, From the dimension they came from, and you learn a lot more about the oncoming storm at higher levels

• Like 1

Why is his chest covered with Skittles?

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

8 hours ago, GM Crumpet said:

You find out all those answers as you go through the game.

The clones were created by someone you later meet, From the dimension they came from, and you learn a lot more about the oncoming storm at higher levels

really, do we meet them in prateoria?, and what level in question

8 hours ago, High_Beam said:

Why is his chest covered with Skittles?

Serious answer speculation:  In Greek mythology, Proteus was associated with the sea.  One of the heroes (Hercules?) found him on a beach.  It's possible the creators of the CoH character were trying to reflect this giving him a scaly look like a fish.  That, or they're reptilian scales and the creators were trying to show just what a snake he is.

Or he just really liked those bizarre Skittle commercials.   Your choice.

Skittle Scales.  Well it aint the Shield of Aegis but you take what the gods give.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)